Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

M4/3 must-have lenses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014789 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2014 - 8:16 PM

I think you're dreaming if you think the 300mm f4 will go for less than $2000.00. It's the thoroughbred that's been missing from the stable since the inception of M4/3. I believe it will be by far the most expensive M4/3 lens yet. If I'm still upright and warm, I'll get one; I'm beginning to get frustrated with the 100-300mm at the long end, it just isn't cutting it unless conditions are absolutely perfect. I could keep the 100-300mm to fill in the gap, we'll have to see.

Here's a turnabout for me, which isn't surprising, I'm selling my Olympus 12-50mm, and buying the Olympus 14-150mm. I was going to wait for the 40-150mm f2.8, but I think the 14-150 will be a more useful tool for my needs, here's why; minimum focusing distance of 19.69 inches at all focal lengths, that's about as close as I want for anything, 3 feet for the 40-150; the performance figures of the 40-150 can't possibly be significantly better than the 14-150, except for the wider aperture limit. The 14-150 has impressive numbers across the board. I wish I had listened to CB a year or so ago when he bought one, he knew what he was doing. I think the bargain days for that lens are gone, it's expensive from what I've seen. Even at the extreme ends, the 14-150 is impressive, plus it only weighs something like 280 grams, .62 lbs. Maybe we'll see a pro lens emerge in the 200-250mm range between now and the release of the 300mm f4.

That would complete my needs; 17mm f1.8, 14-150mm, 100-300mm, and the 300mm f4.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 20 Aug 2014 - 8:18 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Aug 2014 - 8:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315324 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2014 - 9:30 PM

Quote: Didn't know about a credit, will have to look into that? I'm not looking forward to credit card bill next month; incentivised to have a clear out. I've got a 1D2, which never gets used and a 10D, due to the very small screens on the back of these they sell for pittances and it feels like they are worth more to me to keep, will have to be ruthless though.

Its mentioned bellow the description, handy for spare batteries, cards etc.

credit.jpg

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 827 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
20 Aug 2014 - 9:56 PM

Great, I do get it, I get 15 for 1 and 25 for the other, so 40 quid not to be sniffed at. It'll be automatically applied to my account according to what I've just read Smile I did the claim for the zoom on the Panasonic site. Got a spare battery now and a wrist strap. Finding my way round the buttons a lot quicker now, menus still not so good at.

I want to get some lens sleeves next to protect lenses in coat pockets or ordinary bags.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.