Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

mac vs pc

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Jul 2010 7:10PM

Quote:Macintosh users made a poor consumer choice?

Gosh! Who the heck posted that.............Smile Grin Wink

Give that person a medal of honour........Smile

Quote: Macintosh owners are not "idiots",

Is there another word you would prefer...? How about flatulent.....?

Lets see how that looks " Macintosh owners are flatulent " Nah! Does not have that certain ring to it......Smile

Flatulent does not begin with an " i " either, So thats a non starter really......Grin

How about " Macintosh owners are idiosyncratic " Ah! thats better, It starts with an " i " too........Wink

Quote:Why do I allow myself to get drawn into this

A question we all ask ourselves from time to time, I have no idea what your excuse is......Grin

For me its just a laugh, Something to brighten up an otherwise overcast and dull day.

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 1.4k England
23 Jul 2010 9:36PM

Quote:So, for the most part, forget about hardware for now.

The hardware choice available to PC users is one of the main points of why you utilise PC's on a large scale; and in business operations. To bring an outside reference into the mix here, you do not see ATM's or the latest British warship running mac OSX; they run workstation or 2k variants... This eventually filters down to the consumer level where you see some PC idiots buying cheap parts and being rewarded for that; and then some buying products that have gone through inter-product competition and therefore end up with a far superior technical part on the whole. Get right components in a PC and you get quality far beyond what a mac can deliver. - You cannot just disregard it from the "computing" argument because it doesnt apply to mac's at the same level as it does to a PC user.

Quote:Once the firmware has started the machine, you're into the operating system.

lols.

-

PC users split into groups. "I know what im doing" and "I dont know what im doing but I can do it". PC's can cater for both. Macs just create this air of " I don't need to know what im doing to do it!" - unfortunately this gains you little respect from the likes of me or other users when a real issue arises.

But true it is all about peoples "own values" - I just tend to think that owning a mac, especially in the current computing world is a good indicator that you are a plank.

There really is no real justification for the extra cost. That is the bottom line.

Apple are a gadget shop, not a computing company.

I used to like apple a little more, but ever since they closed 3rd party dev tools they have become a real ass to work with, or for their systems.

/rant from an angered developer.
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2010 9:45PM
Once again, can we please avoid the insults and sweeping generalisations?
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2010 10:04PM
oh very funny Chris lol Smile
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2010 10:28PM
You can say what you like about Apple, but at least you don't get security problems caused by their software .
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Jul 2010 11:59PM

Quote:You can say what you like about Apple

I'm tempted.....Smile But right now I'm out numbered, Out gunned, And totally surrounded by " Mods "......Grin

One things for sure though.......Smile

Chris, Is absolutely right.....Wink

&

Swwils, Has it all summed up perfectly......Wink
24 Jul 2010 12:06AM
nothing wrong with mac or pc, it all depends on the way you like to work. You can't really ask others. It's all down to you.

Im a PC, and for some random reason, i want a mac Tongue
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
24 Jul 2010 12:09AM
Why can't people just use what they like, and let others use what others like?
AnthonyM 9 388 2 United States
24 Jul 2010 12:50AM

Quote:Why can't people just use what they like, and let others use what others like?

Likely the three cardinal points that can be found at the root of almost any irrational action: Fear, uncertainty and doubt.

A confident and intellectually mature person would not feel the need to get into such arguments nor to make such comments.
RichBrew 4 151 England
24 Jul 2010 3:03AM

Quote:

... users split into groups. "I know what im doing" and "I dont know what im doing but I can do it". PC's can cater for both. Macs just create this air of " I don't need to know what im doing to do it!" - unfortunately this gains you little respect from the likes of me or other users when a real issue arises.

I am, amongst many things, a musician - a guitarist to be specific - electric mainly. I don't know and don't care how a transducer pickup works, nor the internal workings of a Class A amplifier, but it doesn't stop me from playing great stuff. It's just tools to get the job done.

RichBrew
ellis rowell 10 2.0k United Kingdom
24 Jul 2010 6:00PM
Let's move on shall we.

I know carpenters who swear by Disston saws, personally I prefer Sandvick
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
24 Jul 2010 8:52PM

Quote:and for some random reason, i want a mac

Did I read somewhere the "The Boss" has one for mixing his music Wink
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
24 Jul 2010 10:10PM

Quote:/rant from an angered developer.

Ah, now we're getting to the nub of it. All your considerable ire against Apple, Macs and Mac users boils down to you not being able to get to grips with one or all of Objective-C, XCode or Cocoa.

Far be it from me to remind people of the old adage about bad workmen and their tools....
ellis rowell 10 2.0k United Kingdom
25 Jul 2010 9:26AM

Quote:

/rant from an angered developer.

Why bother about Apple not supporting third party software, there's plenty of scope for developers. FOSS always welcomes software developers or are you in it just for the money.
MarkBauer 4 127 1
25 Jul 2010 9:52AM
Well, I use Macs, so therefore they're better than PC's. I used to use PC's, though, back in the days when they were better than Macs. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.