Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

mac vs pc

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

redsnappa
redsnappa  111911 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Jul 2010 - 11:35 AM

Quote: One of the best things about a Mac is the ability to run Windows, I can logon either in Windows 7 or as a Mac running Snow Leopard.

one of the worst thing about a PC is you can install OSX Snow Leopard ) OSX snow leopard on PC

Last Modified By redsnappa at 25 Jul 2010 - 11:38 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2010 - 11:35 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2010 - 12:42 PM

Quote: FOSS always welcomes software developers or are you in it just for the money.

Speaking for myself -just for the money....as are most Open Source developers I bet.

ellis rowell
25 Jul 2010 - 8:51 PM

Quote: FOSS always welcomes software developers or are you in it just for the money.

Speaking for myself -just for the money....as are most Open Source developers I bet.

The terms of the Open Source copyright are that it's available to all at no cost and that the user can modify the application but must make it available to all on the same terms.

A friend works for Oracle and writes Open Source Software.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2010 - 9:09 PM

Quote: The terms of the Open Source copyright are that it's available to all at no cost and that the user can modify the application but must make it available to all on the same terms.

That's the terms of some open software but by no means all of it. Just because you leave the source open, doesn't mean you have to give away the rights to use it.

Quote:
A friend works for Oracle and writes Open Source Software.

Sounds about right, most of the open stuff source is produced by employees of the big computing firms.

cathal
cathal  9492 forum posts Ireland4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2010 - 10:59 PM

Quote: you do not see ATM's or the latest British warship running mac OSX;

If I had 10 for every time I saw a Windows error message on the screen of an "out of service" (i.e. crashed!) ATM, I'd be loaded!

Get back to my original point, a person who makes a different choice to you, on anything in any walk or aspect of life, is not automatically a plank. Get real...

The funny thing is you actually give a damn about this. Personally, I couldn't give a flying fu@k who uses what application, operating system, hardware or what ever. I use whatever falls to hand. Windows, Linux, OS/X... whatever.

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2010 - 12:18 AM

Yes this argument is dead in the sense of it is the applications, not the OS that are important. And the further good news is that MS and Apple are both facing tougher competition, especially in the more important mobile/embedded market. To me in computers the difference these days is price, apple still charge too much and try to take too much money of customers far too frequently, styling, apple do a good job here but it can date quickly, and repairability, bad mark again for apple.

As for the developer issue why is it apple is against the common tool sets, is it their desire to take a cut at all stages in the process? And again for SW developers, what is wrong with trying to get paid for developing software. Next people will be asking for photo's to be given away free Wink

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2010 - 12:28 AM

Quote: My mouse pointer is pointing to roughly 11 o'clock, is there some good reason for this angle?

Yes its linked to the doomsday clock. If it points to 12 oclock its time to rush into the street and offer your body to whoever will have it for a last 3 min of pleasure

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.