Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Maco IR 820 Infrared Film

12 Mar 2002 7:38PM
Does anyone have any experience of using this film? 120 format.
Having just purchased my first batch, I would welcome advise on ISO with Hoya red filters, suitable developer and dev. times.
I have the Maco technical sheet but personal experiences would help.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

J-P e2
11 396
12 Mar 2002 8:53PM
I've just got some too (35mm). I use a deep red (Jessops) filter and rate it at 50 ASA. Dev times are 8mins in ID-11 or D-76 at 20 C. I bracket +/- 5 stops with IR should I should get some OK results, but I haven't got any negs back so I can't vouch for this. Maco's technical dept. will give you a very quick reply - info@mahn.net, they replied within the hour to my dev. time enquiry. If you do get any info. on ASA rating with different filter's I'd like to know as I was about to get an 87. I should have negs back by early next week. Incidentally, how do you load 120 in total darkness ?
15 Mar 2002 6:23PM
With difficulty. Spent ages fiddling about in a changing bag before I managed it.
Will probably develope it in DixActol
J-P e2
11 396
25 Mar 2002 5:14PM
Got my first results - it's not a true IR film like Kodak High speed. In fact it seems more panchromatic than even SFX. Perhaps it might be different with an 87 on. With Kodak I meter without the filter and then ignore the reading with the filter on; do that with this stuff and you'll be three stops under
3 Apr 2002 6:40PM
Developed my first test film in Dixactol. Results look OK apart from the frames deliberately exposed at 1 stop under.

11 minutes using the partial stand technique. Look forward to printing them in due course.

Hoya 25 Red filter used. Will try a Lee 87 next time.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.