Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Macro

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    casados
    casados  1 United Kingdom
    18 Apr 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hi just joind the site no expert at all on cameras I have a Sony cyber shot t100 camera which I use only when I'm out metal detecting my hobby Grin for the last 15 years, got the cyber shot cheap 2 years ago use it for the macro on it for shots of the coins I find . Any help for a better digital camera with really close macro for my coin shots. Hope you can help.

Last Modified By casados at 18 Apr 2013 - 12:00 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Apr 2013 - 11:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi Kevan, Welcome to ePHOTOzine....Grin

No doubt we can come up with some suggestions, Can you give us an idea on your budget and preferences re camera type, ie: Compact or Bridge or maybe even DSLR.

Budget is important though, As with all things they go from the sublime to the ridiculous.

EDIT: Should add that the Sony you have is a good start, But two years in digital camera world, Can make a huge difference in bang for bucks.....Smile

Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 18 Apr 2013 - 12:26 PM
    casados
    18 Apr 2013 - 1:11 PM

Hello cameracat, just want to update my cybershot which I bought for 100 off eBay , so want a good macro compact camera for around 80-100 for my coin shots .cheersGrin

SteveHunter
    18 Apr 2013 - 1:20 PM

Hi welcome.

One of the most important things when doing Macro is keeping the camera perfectly still, so setting the camera up on a tripod, or some other support and using the self timer will help if you don't already do that.

If you take the photos when you get home you may want to consider getting a small light tent with some lights as that will make it even easier.

Something like this would be appropriate. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tabletop-80cm-Light-Tent-Cube-Boxes-Set-5500K-Softbox-...

There are cheaper and more expensive alternatives readily available.

As for the camera, the one you have got is probably pretty good for the job, but in the price range you are talking about I don't think you could go far wrong with a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-SZ1.

casados
    18 Apr 2013 - 4:35 PM

Ok thanks for the info stevehunter. Cheers

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.