Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Macro Photo Albums?

Perry_95 4 59 1 Wales
5 Apr 2011 9:04PM
Hey i am an amatuer photographer but i just love insect macro photography, could anybody point me towards a good macro book, now i am not looking for a book which teaches you about macro photography because i beleive all that information is on the Web, i just want to marvell at some stunning insect macro shots, of course it's not to say it mustnt contain a single word of macro photography, a simple word of advice on how they acheived the affect could be good, but i certainly dont want paragraph after paragraph of instructions and small images Smile thanks for any help Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa e2
4 605 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2011 9:17AM
How about this?
http://www.ephotozine.com/gallery/filter/close-up---macro-4747

Should show you all the macro photos on the site Smile (plus it's free)
Overread 6 3.8k 18 England
6 Apr 2011 4:33PM
No Cropping Zone

Give Dalentech's blog a look - a great source of info and pics and somewhere in there he mentions that he's had a book published with insect pics
Perry_95 4 59 1 Wales
6 Apr 2011 6:28PM
I did have a look at the macros on this site but it is flooded with macro shots that im not looking for, i want a book that focuses on insects but the shots in the macro filter on this site has things such as flowers and jewellry and also a few things which arent macro at all. The advantage of buying a book is that you can (most of the time) rely on all the shots being of a good standard and can (hopefully) find one which focuses on what i want.
Perry_95 4 59 1 Wales
6 Apr 2011 6:33PM
Dalentech's blog contains exactly the type of images that i would love to see in a book and is full of nice tips and information, wouldnt mind it was an array of insects either
Hi James

I first got into photography through my love of insects. They were my favourite photo subjects.

Whilst not JUST about insects, this is a very good book (I was asked to review it for a magazine some years ago and liked it so much, I even bought it Smile)

Hope it helps
justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
6 Apr 2011 8:55PM
I'll second Barry's recomendation. It's one of the best books on the subject.

Another good one is THIS ONE
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
6 Apr 2011 9:12PM
I'll second John Shaw's book, it's a complete guide.
Perry_95 4 59 1 Wales
9 Apr 2011 8:32PM
Problem being im looking for more of a display of skill rather than a lesson :/ this is the problem, most books are designed to teach people how to do it, but i am skilled enough in the internet to find out those sorts of information, however would love an album!! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.