Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Macro Photo Albums?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Perry_95
    Perry_95  359 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Apr 2011 - 9:04 PM

Hey i am an amatuer photographer but i just love insect macro photography, could anybody point me towards a good macro book, now i am not looking for a book which teaches you about macro photography because i beleive all that information is on the Web, i just want to marvell at some stunning insect macro shots, of course it's not to say it mustnt contain a single word of macro photography, a simple word of advice on how they acheived the affect could be good, but i certainly dont want paragraph after paragraph of instructions and small images Smile thanks for any help Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Apr 2011 - 9:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4602 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    6 Apr 2011 - 9:17 AM

How about this?
    http://www.ephotozine.com/gallery/filter/close-up---macro-4747

Should show you all the macro photos on the site Smile (plus it's free)

Overread
    Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 4:33 PM

No Cropping Zone

Give Dalentech's blog a look - a great source of info and pics and somewhere in there he mentions that he's had a book published with insect pics

Perry_95
    6 Apr 2011 - 6:28 PM

I did have a look at the macros on this site but it is flooded with macro shots that im not looking for, i want a book that focuses on insects but the shots in the macro filter on this site has things such as flowers and jewellry and also a few things which arent macro at all. The advantage of buying a book is that you can (most of the time) rely on all the shots being of a good standard and can (hopefully) find one which focuses on what i want.

Perry_95
    6 Apr 2011 - 6:33 PM

Dalentech's blog contains exactly the type of images that i would love to see in a book and is full of nice tips and information, wouldnt mind it was an array of insects either

BarrieNeilPhotography

Hi James

I first got into photography through my love of insects. They were my favourite photo subjects.

Whilst not JUST about insects, this is a very good book (I was asked to review it for a magazine some years ago and liked it so much, I even bought it Smile)

Hope it helps

justin c
    justin c  104527 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 8:55 PM

I'll second Barry's recomendation. It's one of the best books on the subject.

Another good one is THIS ONE

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014816 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2011 - 9:12 PM

I'll second John Shaw's book, it's a complete guide.

Perry_95
    9 Apr 2011 - 8:32 PM

Problem being im looking for more of a display of skill rather than a lesson :/ this is the problem, most books are designed to teach people how to do it, but i am skilled enough in the internet to find out those sorts of information, however would love an album!! Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.