Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Macro Weekly Challenge - Plants and Flowers

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
1 Jul 2012 9:12PM
New Challenge Time - this week I challenge you to produce macros of Plants and/or Flowers - there should be no shortage of subject matter for you to choose from hopefully!

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8 pm on Sunday 8th July in the Macro group photo area.
4. The title of your entry should begin "Weekly Macro Challenge".
5. Only one upload per member.
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
8 Jul 2012 9:49AM
A little bump - you've until 8pm today to upload.

By the way - has anyone thought it might be a good idea to form a Macro Weekly Challenge Group? it would keep the entries from that split from the regular Macro group which would make life easier. Would it be good or to the detriment of the Macro Group?
8 Jul 2012 12:04PM
Hi Alison,

I've got a photo to upload but am having problems with my internet connection at the moment. I'm out at my meditation workshop this afternoon so hope the connection settles down so I can upload before I go out - if not, I may be able to upload when I get back.

I've always wondered why there wasn't a separate group for the Weekly Macro Challenge - IMHO I don't think it would cause a problem to the Macro Group if it was separate. It' similar I think to the Black & White Group -v- the Weekly Black & White Challenge Group - I don't think that causes any problems.

Great challenge subject by the way.

Bye for now

Elaine
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
8 Jul 2012 8:19PM
Evening all - thanks to everyone for joining in this week and glad to see you managed to get an upload in as well Elaine.

I've been going through them over and over and now thoroughly regret setting this subject - must remember not to do it again Smile

Anyway - I've given in and have decided to declare the Alchemilla Mollis leaf in the rain by Lumi as this weeks winner. Quite frankly if I could declare a draw between several images I would but I'm afraid I can't.

As an aside - has anyone any thoughts on forming a separate group for the challenge?
steveh5 3 78 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2012 8:26PM
Good choice Alison. I don't mind either way though it would make it clearer who has entered, I assume competition entries could be sent to the main group aswell.

Steve H
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
8 Jul 2012 8:46PM
Count me in for the separate challenge.....I'm always up for a bit of a challenge health permitting......

Well done Lumi BTW......

Well done everyone else.....

Ade Smile
Congratulations Sarah. Lovely crisp, clear and fresh image.

Thanks for the tips on harvesting my lavender bush by the way.

Thanks for hosting Alison - I didn't envy your job.......lots of great images.

Looking forward to your challenge for the coming week Sarah.

Cheers

Elaine
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
8 Jul 2012 9:11PM
Okey doke - I've started a new group - an appropriate logo has yet to be sorted out. I'll copy your new challenge over Sarah so for this weeks challenge there might be entries in both groups - we'll cross that bridge as and when.

Of course any images uploaded to the challenge group can also uploaded to the main Macro group.

Is that ok?
lumi 3 49 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2012 9:14PM
Thanks for the kind comments about the photo, on the old days alchemists thought that the water drops on alchemilla leaves were the purest water, so they used it for their experiments. I thought all the entries were lovely, this topic is a favourite of mine, the lavender is very well captured. I hope the Challenge of stationery items will give some scope for imagination as well as all the skills of composition and focus stacking.
I think a separate group for the challenge is a good idea BTW.

Sarah
Whys this group stopped ?
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
3 Oct 2012 6:32PM

Quote:Whys this group stopped ?

Good question - we split off the weekly challenge to a new group to avoid mixing the macro group pics up with the weekly challenge pics.

It seems to have been the kiss of death for the Macro Group itself - it may well need reviving!

That said, images are still being uploaded to this group - it's the forum bit that has gone quiet since the challenge moved away.
So were is this new Challenge now ...
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
3 Oct 2012 7:43PM
HERE it is Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.