Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Macro Weekly Challenge, ends 13th November. GLASS

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Stuart463
Stuart463 e2 Member 6561 forum postsStuart463 vcard United Kingdom
6 Nov 2011 - 7:39 PM

This weeks challenge is GLASS. Be creative and get the grey matter working. Rules of the challenge follow:-

Each week the winner of the previous week’s challenge will set a new theme, you have until 6pm on the following Sunday to take, process and upload your macro image.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 6pm on Sunday in the Macro group photo area
4. The title of your entry should begin "Weekly Macro Challenge".
5. Only one upload per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

Best wishes and good luck,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Nov 2011 - 7:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3794 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Nov 2011 - 5:39 PM

Having real trouble with this. Lots of ideas, none of which have worked to my satisfaction so far.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2011 - 1:40 PM

I think this needs a bump! Just going to peruse my glass collection now Smile

Stuart463
13 Nov 2011 - 2:13 PM

Thanks Alison, meant to do it earlier but granddaughters keeping me otherwise engaged.

Stuart

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2011 - 2:16 PM

Anytime Smile I've not quite got as far as the glass yet- I've been distracted by cleaning the remaining gunk from a bird skull - not sure what it was - crow I think...... Good job I've a box of latex gloves Smile

Andy_Cundell
13 Nov 2011 - 2:53 PM

I'm in! And tell me more about latex gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grin

cattyal
13 Nov 2011 - 4:02 PM

Well they're very good for keeping manky bird skin and feathers and stuff off my pristine ladylike hands Tongue

Stuart463
13 Nov 2011 - 6:31 PM

Not many entries this week, maybe we need to try and raise the profile of this challenge. However for those that made the effort the standard is high.

Oldblokeh said earlier in the week he was struggling with this challenge but in the end I think you have done a cracking job. Cattyal maintains her usual high standard and Andy Cundell has interpreted the theme well.

However, today's winner is lumi, a newcomer to the site who's entry is her first upload (at least when I checked her PF). Well done Sarah and over to you for next weeks challenge (if you do need any help/guidance I'm sure one or all of us would be willing to assist)

Sincere thanks to all that entered - hopefully will see you all next week (now that I can enter again)

Best wishes to you all, Stuart

cattyal
13 Nov 2011 - 7:18 PM

Thanks for hosting this week Stuart and well done to Lumi - welcome to EPZ Smile

Andy_Cundell
13 Nov 2011 - 7:42 PM

Thankyou Stuart and well done Lumi!Grin

Andy

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3794 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 - 7:58 PM

Bah humbug! Beaten by my better half on her first attempt! Thanks for setting the theme and doing the judging Stuart. Sarah will post the new challenge in a while. In the meantime, I've just uploaded what was my backup. I though it was a bit too abstarct, but interesting nonetheless.

lumi
lumi  243 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 - 9:01 PM

Hello everyone, beginners luck this week! Sorry for the delay on setting a new challenge, I had to do the ironing to make it up to oldblokeh for winning.

Sarah

cattyal
13 Nov 2011 - 9:36 PM

Hi Sarah Smile Ironing? what's that? Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73309 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2011 - 10:53 AM

penance

David_Lansdell
15 Nov 2011 - 9:05 PM

Is there a New Challenge this week ?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.