Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Macro Weekly Challenge, ends 13th November. GLASS

Stuart463 e2
7 588 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2011 7:39PM
This weeks challenge is GLASS. Be creative and get the grey matter working. Rules of the challenge follow:-

Each week the winner of the previous week’s challenge will set a new theme, you have until 6pm on the following Sunday to take, process and upload your macro image.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 6pm on Sunday in the Macro group photo area
4. The title of your entry should begin "Weekly Macro Challenge".
5. Only one upload per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

Best wishes and good luck,

Stuart

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oldblokeh 3 920 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2011 5:39PM
Having real trouble with this. Lots of ideas, none of which have worked to my satisfaction so far.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Nov 2011 1:40PM
I think this needs a bump! Just going to peruse my glass collection now Smile
Stuart463 e2
7 588 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 2:13PM
Thanks Alison, meant to do it earlier but granddaughters keeping me otherwise engaged.

Stuart
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Nov 2011 2:16PM
Anytime Smile I've not quite got as far as the glass yet- I've been distracted by cleaning the remaining gunk from a bird skull - not sure what it was - crow I think...... Good job I've a box of latex gloves Smile
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
13 Nov 2011 2:53PM
I'm in! And tell me more about latex gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Nov 2011 4:02PM
Well they're very good for keeping manky bird skin and feathers and stuff off my pristine ladylike hands Tongue
Stuart463 e2
7 588 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 6:31PM
Not many entries this week, maybe we need to try and raise the profile of this challenge. However for those that made the effort the standard is high.

Oldblokeh said earlier in the week he was struggling with this challenge but in the end I think you have done a cracking job. Cattyal maintains her usual high standard and Andy Cundell has interpreted the theme well.

However, today's winner is lumi, a newcomer to the site who's entry is her first upload (at least when I checked her PF). Well done Sarah and over to you for next weeks challenge (if you do need any help/guidance I'm sure one or all of us would be willing to assist)

Sincere thanks to all that entered - hopefully will see you all next week (now that I can enter again)

Best wishes to you all, Stuart
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Nov 2011 7:18PM
Thanks for hosting this week Stuart and well done to Lumi - welcome to EPZ Smile
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
13 Nov 2011 7:42PM
Thankyou Stuart and well done Lumi!Grin

Andy
oldblokeh 3 920 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 7:58PM
Bah humbug! Beaten by my better half on her first attempt! Thanks for setting the theme and doing the judging Stuart. Sarah will post the new challenge in a while. In the meantime, I've just uploaded what was my backup. I though it was a bit too abstarct, but interesting nonetheless.
lumi 3 47 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 9:01PM
Hello everyone, beginners luck this week! Sorry for the delay on setting a new challenge, I had to do the ironing to make it up to oldblokeh for winning.

Sarah
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Nov 2011 9:36PM
Hi Sarah Smile Ironing? what's that? Smile
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
14 Nov 2011 10:53AM
penance
15 Nov 2011 9:05PM
Is there a New Challenge this week ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.