Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Macro Weekly Challenge w/e 17th June 8 pm -"Droplets"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
WeeGeordieLass
WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2343 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
10 Jun 2012 - 8:36 PM

Macro shots of Droplets can look amazing. Hope you all enjoy exploring creative ways of shooting any kind of drip/drop. Here are the rules:
The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8 pm on Sunday 17th June in the Macro group photo area.
4. The title of your entry should begin "Weekly Macro Challenge".
5. Only one upload per member.
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
9. Have fun

Last Modified By WeeGeordieLass at 10 Jun 2012 - 8:37 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jun 2012 - 8:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chavender
chavender e2 Member 3216 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jun 2012 - 9:30 PM

Should be no problem given the current weather.

Bill

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3836 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Jun 2012 - 8:15 AM

I have an idea for this one... Grin

WeeGeordieLass
15 Jun 2012 - 7:50 AM

The weekend starts here and there's loads of opportunities for shooting Droplets/Drips for the Macro Challenge. Any kind of liquid - rain,water,drips/drops you add to food, oil, paint, milk and many others. Hope you enjoy the challenge.

WeeGeordieLass
17 Jun 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ends tonight at 8 pm. Still time to upload macro shots of Droplets/Drips. Enjoy the challenge.

WeeGeordieLass
17 Jun 2012 - 1:38 PM

Some fantastic macro shots of Droplets/Drips uploaded up to now - still time enter the fray before 8 pm. OMG how am I going to choose a winner? I love them all!!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96092 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2012 - 2:49 PM

The sun is out, the sky is blue and I'm sitting in the garden reading a book - I should still have time to enter later on though if I get any bright ideas Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96337 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2012 - 2:58 PM

Quote: though if I get any bright ideas

The hosepipe ban is over, so switch the garden sprinkler on and get those droplets shots Wink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96092 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2012 - 3:18 PM

I don't have a sprinkler Smile I'm chasing bees at the moment - I've just come in to see if I got any pics in focus Smile

WeeGeordieLass
17 Jun 2012 - 8:02 PM

Okay everyone Times Up. This is going to be so difficult - I'll be back soon with a winner.

WeeGeordieLass
17 Jun 2012 - 8:39 PM

Well I've gone over and over each shot looking carefully at the attributes of each one................all amazing shots I must say!

I narrowed it down to 3 and looked even more carefully again and again!

This weeks winner is Droplets by Oldblokeh............what an excellent shot Steve. I think this is very clever - I wish I could produce images of this calibre. I love the surprise contained in the shot - when your eye registers the letters reflected in the droplets. I like the clarity and the reflections in the droplets and the colours are gorgeous. Very imaginative, well thought and showing great technical expertise.

My runners up were Jawdborn with Drops on Feather & Cattyal with Drops of Honey - you two gave Steve a run for his money.......and made my job tonight very difficult - it was a very close decision.

Thanks everyone for taking part - I hope you enjoyed the challenge, which I don't think was an easy topic, but you all certainly rose to the challenge.

Well done everyone.

Elaine

Last Modified By WeeGeordieLass at 17 Jun 2012 - 8:41 PM
oldblokeh
17 Jun 2012 - 8:46 PM

Oh my goodness! Thank you Elaine, but now I have to choose a topic Smile. I have to say that this is probably the first time that I've started out with a clear idea of what I wanted to do and I really enjoyed the challenge of achieving it. As you say, though, some top quality competition as ever. I'll be back with next week's challenge in due course...

cattyal
17 Jun 2012 - 9:02 PM

Well done Steve - I had thought about trying some water drops but quite frankly was too lazy Smile You did a better job than I'd have managed anyway!

Thanks for hosting this week Elaine

oldblokeh
17 Jun 2012 - 9:03 PM

Okey dokey, here we go. Next week's challenge is TEXTILES. Entries should be of, or include, something that is woven or knitted. I'll start a new thread ASAP.

Steve

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2753 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
17 Jun 2012 - 10:52 PM

Brilliant Steve. I admire your patience and skill.

Thank you for hosting, Elaine: a challenging challenge.
Sorry for the late response. I've been oot dooning the broon.

Jack

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.