Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Magazine deals

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Jul 2010 2:57PM
I've had two circular emails today from two magazine publishers. One offering four photography magazine for free the other offering five for 5. These are magazines that normally cost between 4 and 5 so I guess times are tough.

Do you take up these sort of offers. Is there a get out clause or do you end up paying over the odds for a year sub?

As a subscriber do you feel annoyed that others are getting incredible deals? Some have given stuff away that's worth the year subscription. Do you dip out and rejoin to get a new subs gift?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman e2
7 1.4k 2 England
16 Jul 2010 3:00PM
Until recently I was spending around 25 pounds a month on mags. I now only have two, both on subscription. One is 20 per 13 issues (Photography monthly) and one is 30 for 12. (Digital SLR magazine)

Adam
ripleysalien e2
8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2010 3:21PM
I took up a 5 for 5 offer and got a big double sided reflector, 80cm i think it is, silver and gold.
Any way had a call when it was about to go to subscription and decided to cancel as i wasnt getting anything out of it.
Have paid full price for the thing twice since as its had things in im interested in.
davey_griffo e2
5 213 165 England
16 Jul 2010 7:50PM
I've subscribed to Digital Photo for a couple of years now. I found I was buying it every month, so figured why not? I cancelled my PC format sub, as I wasn't playing computers as much, & got 25 worth of walking stick-cum-monopod as a welcome gift.

It has great articles, & the tutorials on PS are as good as any, but they do tend to work in cycles of about 12 to 18 months. I'm now going over stuff I've already done.

So it is an interesting question. Also, how long to subscribe?
16 Jul 2010 11:14PM
I cancelled my PP subscription 3 years ago but still the mag hit's the doormat every month!

I did the right thing and rang them once. Now my conscience is clear!
17 Jul 2010 12:01AM
I just signed up for the Digital SLR offer of 5 months for 5 but I will almost certainly cancel at the end of 5 months as they automatically put you on a direct debit for 18.99 every 6 months. I think if I decide to continue I will go for a one off payment for a year so that I don't get stung for another 6 months if I forget to cancel the direct debit.

Any thoughts on the merits of Digital SLR User Magazine (www.dslruser.co.uk) vs Digital SLR Photography (www.digitalslrphoto.com) both doing the 5 offer by the way ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.