Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Mail notification of comments

14 Apr 2007 9:25PM
How do I turn this off? I seem to remember it used to off by default but now I get mail for every comment(admittedly that amount isn't going to crash the server).

I can't see anything on the upload page or in my settings (which doesn't mean it's not there mind)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
14 Apr 2007 10:53PM
I HAVE switched it off (it is in your website details) but they still keep coming
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
15 Apr 2007 8:19AM
I have the same problem Roy and have sent a Report on the issue.
mikeweeks 10 954 3 England
15 Apr 2007 11:41AM
I have found a button under the image that turns it off as was annoying the hell out of me. As everyone knows, best web practice is to opt in, not opt out.

Mike
15 Apr 2007 2:20PM
Is the button the Set notification one as it only appears on preview
mikeweeks 10 954 3 England
16 Apr 2007 8:37AM
Alan,

yes it is the set notification

mike
RipleyExile 11 1.6k 17 England
16 Apr 2007 8:53AM
I've sent a report in as when you upload the checkbox is for opting in, but even if you don't check it you get emails anyway.
bricurtis e2
9 1.9k 48 England
16 Apr 2007 12:17PM
I have been into my settings - Website options, can't see anywhere to stop the emails coming !
I was being driven mad by this - there's a button under the image that allows you to turn this option off, when it's off it reads 'set notification'.
I know I didn't tick the box to be notified when I uploaded so maybe it's something that needs to be looked at.
ejtumman 10 2.8k England
16 Apr 2007 5:47PM
It has been reported.... more than once.

And it is very frustrating..... I thought I was going mad to start with..LOL
thorn 10 124 2 Scotland
16 Apr 2007 7:55PM
Hi,
I'm being driven mad by the same thing,even got out a magnifying glass to see if it was the fact i couldn't see the writing properly.I've tried not ticking the box and got them,ticking the box and still got them.Today when i came on i discovered there is a little box at the bottom of commenting where it used to read vote for readers choice,it now says set email notification,tick for want or don't want,please tell me and save my sanity,as i am going mad with all these emails i haven't asked for.
Thankyou so much.
Take care.AnnSmile
Hanners e2
8 875 10 Ireland
16 Apr 2007 8:07PM
it seems that the best thing to do is straight after uploading go into edit and then notification but do it quick before somebody comments LOL, it's the only way to stop those bloody emails

......unless you know better

Smile
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
17 Apr 2007 8:46AM
I'm just glad to get any emails...sad? Smile

don't have a lot of time to spend on-line, so getting a notification means I can access when I choose (rather than having to dip in and out). But then I don't get many comments!!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.