Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mail notification of comments

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Alan_Warriner
    14 Apr 2007 - 9:25 PM

How do I turn this off? I seem to remember it used to off by default but now I get mail for every comment(admittedly that amount isn't going to crash the server).

I can't see anything on the upload page or in my settings (which doesn't mean it's not there mind)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Apr 2007 - 9:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kaybee
    kaybee  103808 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2007 - 10:53 PM

I HAVE switched it off (it is in your website details) but they still keep coming

User_Removed
    15 Apr 2007 - 8:19 AM

I have the same problem Roy and have sent a Report on the issue.

mikeweeks
    mikeweeks  9954 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2007 - 11:41 AM

I have found a button under the image that turns it off as was annoying the hell out of me. As everyone knows, best web practice is to opt in, not opt out.

Mike

Alan_Warriner
    15 Apr 2007 - 2:20 PM

Is the button the Set notification one as it only appears on preview

mikeweeks
    mikeweeks  9954 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2007 - 8:37 AM

Alan,

yes it is the set notification

mike

RipleyExile
    16 Apr 2007 - 8:53 AM

I've sent a report in as when you upload the checkbox is for opting in, but even if you don't check it you get emails anyway.

bricurtis
    bricurtis e2 Member 91899 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2007 - 12:17 PM

I have been into my settings - Website options, can't see anywhere to stop the emails coming !

aftertherain
    16 Apr 2007 - 5:09 PM

I was being driven mad by this - there's a button under the image that allows you to turn this option off, when it's off it reads 'set notification'.
    I know I didn't tick the box to be notified when I uploaded so maybe it's something that needs to be looked at.

ejtumman
    ejtumman  102756 forum posts England
    16 Apr 2007 - 5:47 PM

It has been reported.... more than once.

And it is very frustrating..... I thought I was going mad to start with..LOL

thorn
    thorn  10124 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2007 - 7:55 PM

Hi,
    I'm being driven mad by the same thing,even got out a magnifying glass to see if it was the fact i couldn't see the writing properly.I've tried not ticking the box and got them,ticking the box and still got them.Today when i came on i discovered there is a little box at the bottom of commenting where it used to read vote for readers choice,it now says set email notification,tick for want or don't want,please tell me and save my sanity,as i am going mad with all these emails i haven't asked for.
    Thankyou so much.
    Take care.AnnSmile

Hanners
    Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2007 - 8:07 PM

it seems that the best thing to do is straight after uploading go into edit and then notification but do it quick before somebody comments LOL, it's the only way to stop those bloody emails

......unless you know better

Smile

Last Modified By Dave at 16 Apr 2007 - 8:08 PM
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104018 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Apr 2007 - 8:46 AM

I'm just glad to get any emails...sad? Smile

don't have a lot of time to spend on-line, so getting a notification means I can access when I choose (rather than having to dip in and out). But then I don't get many comments!!!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.