Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Make-up recommendation please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hi - a pal has asked if I could ask the combined brains of epz if anyone can recommend a good white make-up base that isn't greasy and covers well.

She wants to experiment with fancy makeup ie. flowers/day of the dead - OTT kind of stuff - and most of the designs she's planning requires a white base. However so far the stuff she's tried is too greasy and all the designs smudge.

I know absolutely nothing about that kind of thing but if anyone can suggest a base that doesn't cost the earth I'd be grateful

Thanks......

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Nov 2012 - 11:38 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

emmaK22
    emmaK22 ePHOTOzine Staff 353 forum postsemmaK22 vcard United Kingdom
    16 Nov 2012 - 1:10 PM

There's a brand called Snazaroo, that's widely available and covers really well, and I didn't find it to be greasy at all really. You can get it in fancy dress and arty stores, it's around a fiver for a large white palette.

I used it recently to be a skeleton at Halloween and would highly recommend it. Smile

Hope this helps!

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2012 - 1:58 PM

Thanks Emma - I'll let her know. The plan is once she's worked out some decent faces I'll do some pics of her - she can't wait to come and explore my fancy dress wardrobe Smile

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2012 - 2:35 PM

Agree with Emma, the snazaroo stuff works really well, it's a good quality face paint. I used to do face painting for my son's school years ago and it was very good even for fine detailed work and a good stable base.

cattyal
    16 Nov 2012 - 7:58 PM

Thanks Sarah - I've just passed the message on so she can pop out and buy some on Saturday Smile

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2012 - 8:04 PM

Hope she gets on well with it, it's water based and has a good matt finish, so you can get a really good flat white base, just use a sponge to apply.

cattyal
    16 Nov 2012 - 9:48 PM

If she's successful then there will be photos - eventually Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.