Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Make-up recommendation please?

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 Nov 2012 11:38AM
Hi - a pal has asked if I could ask the combined brains of epz if anyone can recommend a good white make-up base that isn't greasy and covers well.

She wants to experiment with fancy makeup ie. flowers/day of the dead - OTT kind of stuff - and most of the designs she's planning requires a white base. However so far the stuff she's tried is too greasy and all the designs smudge.

I know absolutely nothing about that kind of thing but if anyone can suggest a base that doesn't cost the earth I'd be grateful

Thanks......

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

emmaK22 e2
3 89 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2012 1:10PM
There's a brand called Snazaroo , that's widely available and covers really well, and I didn't find it to be greasy at all really. You can get it in fancy dress and arty stores, it's around a fiver for a large white palette.

I used it recently to be a skeleton at Halloween and would highly recommend it. Smile

Hope this helps!
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 Nov 2012 1:58PM
Thanks Emma - I'll let her know. The plan is once she's worked out some decent faces I'll do some pics of her - she can't wait to come and explore my fancy dress wardrobe Smile
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2012 2:35PM
Agree with Emma, the snazaroo stuff works really well, it's a good quality face paint. I used to do face painting for my son's school years ago and it was very good even for fine detailed work and a good stable base.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 Nov 2012 7:58PM
Thanks Sarah - I've just passed the message on so she can pop out and buy some on Saturday Smile
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2012 8:04PM
Hope she gets on well with it, it's water based and has a good matt finish, so you can get a really good flat white base, just use a sponge to apply.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 Nov 2012 9:48PM
If she's successful then there will be photos - eventually Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.