Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

making photoshop brushes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tepot
    tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Jun 2011 - 3:04 AM

I need to paint a texture onto an object in photoshop, can i make a brush with this texture then just paint over the object with the brush, as if i was painting a colour onto it, but instead of a new colour appearing, a new texture covers the surface instead?

Terry.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jun 2011 - 3:04 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6527 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 11:30 AM

Google ''how to make a brush in Photoshop'' and there are lots of tutorials waiting for you.

gary

tepot
    4 Jun 2011 - 3:17 PM

I know that Gary, my question is can i use the new brush like a paint brush but paint a texture instead of a plain colour?

Terry.

EddieAC
    EddieAC  9679 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 4:09 PM

I think you can to a point but going over the same part more than once seems to fill up that area with the forground colour selected until it blocks out.

If you overlay the texture over the whole photo and then create a mask and invert it to hide then you can paint in the texture that way.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Paintman
    Paintman e2 Member 7853 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom173 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2011 - 9:39 PM

This might be helpful

Or this

Last Modified By Paintman at 4 Jun 2011 - 9:46 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    swanseamale47
    4 Jun 2011 - 10:25 PM

If the object is flat and the original texture big enough it might work, but there are other ways, you could select the area and use the texturiser (and load your texture) if the object isn't flat and you need to "wrap" the texture over it look up displacement maps.

tepot
    5 Jun 2011 - 4:57 PM

ok thanks guys, now to find some time to play.

Terry.

tepot
    6 Jun 2011 - 4:16 AM

ok made a brush and located it in my brush palette, i made one copy colour and one mono, when i try to use the brushes, i just get the shape of the brush and no texture, i took a sample of skin and hoped i could create a brush from that so i could 'paint' skin onto an object?

Terry.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.