Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

making photoshop brushes

tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
4 Jun 2011 3:04AM
I need to paint a texture onto an object in photoshop, can i make a brush with this texture then just paint over the object with the brush, as if i was painting a colour onto it, but instead of a new colour appearing, a new texture covers the surface instead?

Terry.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gary_d 7 575 13 Wales
4 Jun 2011 11:30AM
Google ''how to make a brush in Photoshop'' and there are lots of tutorials waiting for you.

gary
4 Jun 2011 3:17PM
I know that Gary, my question is can i use the new brush like a paint brush but paint a texture instead of a plain colour?

Terry.
EddieAC 10 695 2 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2011 4:09PM
I think you can to a point but going over the same part more than once seems to fill up that area with the forground colour selected until it blocks out.

If you overlay the texture over the whole photo and then create a mask and invert it to hide then you can paint in the texture that way.
Paintman e2
8 902 173 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2011 9:39PM
4 Jun 2011 10:25PM
If the object is flat and the original texture big enough it might work, but there are other ways, you could select the area and use the texturiser (and load your texture) if the object isn't flat and you need to "wrap" the texture over it look up displacement maps.
5 Jun 2011 4:57PM
ok thanks guys, now to find some time to play.

Terry.
6 Jun 2011 4:16AM
ok made a brush and located it in my brush palette, i made one copy colour and one mono, when i try to use the brushes, i just get the shape of the brush and no texture, i took a sample of skin and hoped i could create a brush from that so i could 'paint' skin onto an object?

Terry.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.