Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Making your own Domain?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    miss_v
    miss_v  481 forum posts England
    18 Jul 2011 - 12:37 PM

I know this isn't showcasing my website, but I was wondering how I would go about making a website with my own name? At the moment my website can be found here... www.wix.com/eloisevanstone/photography ...And to be honest, that's quite a mouthful! I understand that you would have to pay for this... but I don't understand whether I would have to buy a package to creat a website on my computer, or if there are any good website that aren't too expensive? Any help would be really appreciated! Thank you!
    Eloise

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Jul 2011 - 12:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2011 - 1:06 PM

It's quite an easy process. The first thing to do is find a domain you want and which is still available. Then you register it and arrange for your web space provider to host it for you. Some service providers will register it for you, which makes the rest easier but can cost more.

Have a look at UKReg, who are frequently the cheapest place to register a domain and are now part of Fasthosts, who do web space packages.

HTH

Ian

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2011 - 1:14 PM

We have an offer where you can have a free foliopic account until the end of July. But this will give you an equally long url eloisevanstonephotography.foliopic.com.
    You're best bet is to register a domain name of your choice using someone like 123.reg or namecheap.com. You select the name - maybe eloisevanstonephotography.com or evphotography.com and the registering site makes sure the url is available. If it is you pay a fee to own it for a number of years (1, 2, 5) and then renew it each time it's due for renewal.
    You can point this new shorter url to your foliopic site from the admin settings on the domain registrar's site. Have a go with foliopic first to see if you can set one up. We've made it as easy as possible, and there's are a range of ready made templates to choose from and each can be customised so you don't have a site that looks like everyone elses.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85856 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2011 - 7:59 PM

BookmarkedGrin

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jul 2011 - 3:04 PM

Look at Freeola, they have many domains available at reasonable prices.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.