Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Male Nudes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Fogey
Fogey  168 forum posts United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 10:53 PM

Quote: Thank you p12owe, I think the main point of my message has been missed by some and others have given great comments, Thank You.

Just out of interest..... as a female photographer.......who appreciates both the male and female form as works of ART!!!!! Why do photographers find the need to dress their models up in PVC, red and black lace and leather in pursuit of being "Artistic"........ call me stupid!! But is this not just purely sexual titilation !!! H x

Yes it is and is something I find extremely annoying.

Any nude shot, whether male or female, will be made or broken depending on the lighting.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Dec 2012 - 10:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 10:55 PM

Quote: Agreed... But.... Images with "it all hanging out" can still be artistic without being cheap or overtly sexual

Yes I agree but on occasions less is more Smile

p12owe
p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 10:58 PM

[quote
Yes I agree but on occasions less is more Smile
[/quote]
Maybe, but sadly, to many on the site this would only apply to the male form.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 11:00 PM

I was speaking more of male and female but sadly yes

hi14ry
hi14ry  1 England
30 Dec 2012 - 11:01 PM

May suggest there should be two seperate catagories "Glamour" and "Artistic Nudes"......only thinking that the two are poles apart. H x

Paul Morgan
30 Dec 2012 - 11:03 PM

Imagine the arguments Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012542 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 11:13 PM

There were categories for Glamour/nude and Fine Art Nude but it all got changed to the limitless tag system. Type 'fine art nude' into the filter..

hi14ry
hi14ry  1 England
30 Dec 2012 - 11:17 PM

I didn;t know that!!...... as a new member. So just need to type "Fine Art Nude" fantastic!!! H x

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41177 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 11:33 PM

Just had a quick browse back through the critique gallery, mainly because I look on there much more than the ordinary gallery and you don't tend to get too many 'nice shot', 'great', 'I like it' comments. When a female nude/glamour/adult shot appears, there are way more comments from members that never appear there usually, by a considerable amount.

I think we can take it as read that men usually just look at female nudes, and many don't really consider male nudes. There are exceptions, and anyone reading this will probably think themselves in this group, but apart from those genuinely interested in lighting, form and aesthetics, it's a fairly small group.

Nick

hi14ry
hi14ry  1 England
30 Dec 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thanks Nick, I agree with you...... but.... That poses a question...doesn't it! H x

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012542 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 11:58 PM

Quote: I didn;t know that!!...... as a new member. So just need to type "Fine Art Nude" fantastic!!! H x

few more options give even more enlightenment

filters.jpg

hi14ry
hi14ry  1 England
31 Dec 2012 - 12:16 AM

Good god I'm such a novice!! Have no idea what further options this gives me? H x

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.