Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Male Nudes

Fogey 1 83 13 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2012 10:53PM

Quote:Thank you p12owe, I think the main point of my message has been missed by some and others have given great comments, Thank You.

Just out of interest..... as a female photographer.......who appreciates both the male and female form as works of ART!!!!! Why do photographers find the need to dress their models up in PVC, red and black lace and leather in pursuit of being "Artistic"........ call me stupid!! But is this not just purely sexual titilation !!! H x

Yes it is and is something I find extremely annoying.

Any nude shot, whether male or female, will be made or broken depending on the lighting.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
30 Dec 2012 10:55PM

Quote:Agreed... But.... Images with "it all hanging out" can still be artistic without being cheap or overtly sexual

Yes I agree but on occasions less is more Smile
p12owe 2 101 2 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2012 10:58PM
[quote
Yes I agree but on occasions less is more Smile

Maybe, but sadly, to many on the site this would only apply to the male form.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
30 Dec 2012 11:00PM
I was speaking more of male and female but sadly yes
hi14ry 2 21 England
30 Dec 2012 11:01PM
May suggest there should be two seperate catagories "Glamour" and "Artistic Nudes"......only thinking that the two are poles apart. H x
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
30 Dec 2012 11:03PM
Imagine the arguments Smile
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2012 11:13PM
There were categories for Glamour/nude and Fine Art Nude but it all got changed to the limitless tag system. Type 'fine art nude' into the filter..
hi14ry 2 21 England
30 Dec 2012 11:17PM
I didn;t know that!!...... as a new member. So just need to type "Fine Art Nude" fantastic!!! H x
Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2012 11:33PM
Just had a quick browse back through the critique gallery, mainly because I look on there much more than the ordinary gallery and you don't tend to get too many 'nice shot', 'great', 'I like it' comments. When a female nude/glamour/adult shot appears, there are way more comments from members that never appear there usually, by a considerable amount.

I think we can take it as read that men usually just look at female nudes, and many don't really consider male nudes. There are exceptions, and anyone reading this will probably think themselves in this group, but apart from those genuinely interested in lighting, form and aesthetics, it's a fairly small group.

Nick
hi14ry 2 21 England
30 Dec 2012 11:43PM
Thanks Nick, I agree with you...... but.... That poses a question...doesn't it! H x
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2012 11:58PM

Quote:I didn;t know that!!...... as a new member. So just need to type "Fine Art Nude" fantastic!!! H x

few more options give even more enlightenment

filters.jpg

hi14ry 2 21 England
31 Dec 2012 12:16AM
Good god I'm such a novice!! Have no idea what further options this gives me? H x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.