Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Mamiya RB/RZ67 v Pentax67II

20 Jul 2002 11:06AM
Can anyone explain to me please the slight dirrerences between an RB67ProSD and ProS Mamiya. Has anyone got any preferences between the two as regards ease of use and weight for carrying.Optics i understand are great on both although Pentax has mirror 'slap' i have read.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

J-P e2
11 396
22 Jul 2002 1:52AM
The Pro SD has a slightly different throat diameter to accomodate the 75mm PC lens and also the 500mm APO. I think it can also take a spot metereing AE prism which the Pro S could not. Fairly subtle stuff. Despite the different throat the Pro SD is able to accept the full range of old 67 lenses though you may find that you need to change a collar at the rear of the lens. Mamiya will tell you 01782 753 300. As for the Pentax, the mirror up version is generally recommended because of the vibration. It really is a camera for the tripod despite it's 35mm -esque styling. If buying either of these secondhand be careful as they have often had hard lives at the hands of pros.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.