Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Managing Firefox

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2014 - 9:18 PM

Chris, I have uninstalled Firefox and Chrome. I know nothing about the IT end of it, but I do believe that the competition is such that one company can be tempted to sabotage the programs of another, or, the two programs are just not compatible on the same machine, such as many security software programs. IE is working better than either Chrome or Firefox did for me, so until something goes astray, I'm sticking with this.

Also, I purchased CC and Lightroom 5 last night and installed it. I'm not expecting it to be a magic cure, but I was using an old copy of Lightroom, and it may have been part of my problem. I'm going to try and learn to do things using layers, as KeithH mentioned.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Now I am going downtown to purchase the Olympus 60mm f2.8 Macro, for the second time; I'll try it at the Hot Rod Rally this evening.Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Aug 2014 - 9:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
27 Aug 2014 - 10:30 PM

Something I have found with Chrome is that it doesn't ever see to shut down fully.
I use CCleaner from time to time and whenever I do, it tells me that Chrome is still running and has to force it to close before it can finish its job.
Initially, I took no notice, thinking that it had simply got stuck, if that makes any sense but it happens every time.
It doesn't close by itself on my phone either.
It's not causing me a problem but since we're talking about browsers and their little foibles . . .

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2014 - 10:52 PM

Like Chris_L said Jester, sometimes we intentionally or otherwise download programs that involve themselves in other programs that we have, and mess up their operation. I'm very careful of what goes on my PC, have been for years. It isn't the first time I've tried Chrome and had niggly little problems with it. One copy of IE wouldn't run on Windows 7 unless Chrome was installed on the PC, this came from Microsoft.

Jestertheclown
27 Aug 2014 - 11:07 PM

It's not malware in my case Denny.
Like yourself, I take great care to avoid situations where I just might allow access to something unpleasant.
For some reason, Chrome just keeps running in the background.
I suppose it's possible that it's meant to . . . ?

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 932 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
27 Aug 2014 - 11:23 PM

It will run in the background unless you go to advanced settings and untick this box

chrome.jpg

Jestertheclown
28 Aug 2014 - 7:25 AM

Thanks Chris,

That's worked.

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3820 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 - 8:26 AM

In Google Chrome to export bookmarks:

Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Bookmarks.
Select Bookmark manager.
Click the Organize menu in the manager.
Select Export bookmarks.

For Mozilla Firefox to import bookmarks from another browser:

Open Mozilla Firefox
Click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbar and select Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.
From the toolbar in the Library window, click Import and Backup and choose Import Bookmarks from HTML....
In the Import Bookmarks File window, navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
Click the Open button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
Close the Library window.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.