Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Manfrotto 190 XPROB on lightning deal today 20/11/2012

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cymroDan
cymroDan  7174 forum posts
20 Nov 2012 - 10:09 AM

In the lightning deal later today on amazon, is the Manfrotto 190 XPROB.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005XKJ79W/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_0267_A10P12YDY4GQ...

Any views on this? What price would be a *good* price? Also, I'm right to say this by default has no head - so I'd have to purchase a head for it for 40 + too?

Thanks in advance, and hope some of you benefit also from this deal - it starts at 4pm.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Nov 2012 - 10:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  56487 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 10:20 AM

That is pretty much the in-shop price so I don't think it is worth a hurried purchase. Yes, it is a very good tripod (I have one) but you may want to take the opportunity to get to a shop and compare them directly.

cymroDan
20 Nov 2012 - 10:24 AM

well the price you see now isn't the lightning deal price. at 4, they will then apply a new price. So we shall see what it goes down to.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 10:27 AM

Not exactly a big deal as WEX can match that...Smile

Yes the head will be extra, But by how much depends on the head, 40 or there abouts is a good starting point, Note you do not have to stick with a Manfrotto head either, I prefer the ball types from Giotto, But its a personal thing based on mechanics and engineering, There is always eBay or ePHOTOzine classifieds for a head bargain, Take care with FleBay and don't get carried away with the bidding, Some things go way over retail that way.....Wink

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 10:36 AM

How do you know it will be in the lightning deal later today on amazon?

cymroDan
20 Nov 2012 - 10:43 AM

Go to their page, click on "black friday deals" link. Scroll through todays deals til the one thats due to start around 4.

Once again, I didn't quote a price because I know the price specified ISN'T the price it'll get reduced to.

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 12:28 PM

The Black Friday deals usually offer a good reduction; I received an email this morning saying they were running this week. You can see on website the time at which the special deals start.

camay
camay  7119 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 12:46 PM

Last year Adobe had very good deals on their website.

cymroDan
20 Nov 2012 - 4:00 PM

68 in the end it was at.

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 4:01 PM

& all gone in 20 seconds!! (must not have been too many on offer!)

Last Modified By snapbandit at 20 Nov 2012 - 4:02 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 4:02 PM

Yeap, just checked it! LOL

cymroDan
20 Nov 2012 - 4:05 PM

I'm on the waiting list. People tend to wait and click as soon as its available, even if they don't want it. It stays in their shopping basket for 15 minutes, then gets re-released as available to those in the queue. We shall see Smile

cymroDan
20 Nov 2012 - 4:14 PM

Got it Smile

cymroDan
20 Nov 2012 - 6:13 PM

Quote:
Yes the head will be extra, But by how much depends on the head, 40 or there abouts is a good starting point, Note you do not have to stick with a Manfrotto head either, I prefer the ball types from Giotto, But its a personal thing based on mechanics and engineering, There is always eBay or ePHOTOzine classifieds for a head bargain, Take care with FleBay and don't get carried away with the bidding, Some things go way over retail that way.....Wink

Thanks for this by the way Smile Yeah, I've just moved back near the coast so a good tripod for some nice landscapes at sunrise/sunset will be used. When buying a head, what causes the cost to vary so much? I've heard good things about ball ones?

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 6:25 PM

Ball Heads are far quicker to adjust as they are basically a ball in a socket (A bit like a leg or a shoulder)

All Planes of movement are achieveable in one movement with a Ball Head.

3 Way Heads generally cover the same field of movement (sometimes greater) but you have to adjust each axis of movement individually via 3 planes.

A landscape photographer may find a 3 way head suitable for thier needs whilst a Wildlife or Macro photographer generally prefers the quick movement of a ball head.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.