Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

manfrotto head capability

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    gavrelle
    gavrelle  230 forum posts England
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:25 PM

Dear all, I have a manfrotto tripod and several heads. they are screw fit. Do these heads fit other makes of tripod such as Giottos??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111064 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:55 PM

yes

User_Removed
    9 Dec 2012 - 9:32 PM

Yes. Indeed, it is an advantage to be able to keep using the same heads, QR plates and other attachments even if you change the brand of the base tripod. I wish I could fins a way of attaching my Manfrotto heads to my Slik88 tripod though. Anyone got a fix for that combination?

Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6671 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 10:18 PM

I use a Manfrotto ball head on a Slik88 tripod and Kennet monopod using these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAISER-TRIPOD-THREAD-ADAPTER-1-4-3-8-PACK-2-ADAPTOR-HIGH-QUALITY-/200792114750?pt=UK_Tripods_Heads_Stablisers&hash=item2ec024863e

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2012 - 9:03 AM

What is it you can't do, LF? Because you can remove the head from the legs and fit a new head.

Last Modified By mikehit at 10 Dec 2012 - 9:04 AM
    User_Removed
    10 Dec 2012 - 5:18 PM

Quote: What is it you can't do, LF? Because you can remove the head from the legs and fit a new head.

That's what I can't do, Mike.

I can remove the head assembly from the platform at the top of the column, but I can't remove the platform from the column. There isn't any threaded post onto which a "normal" head could be screwed.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2012 - 6:17 PM

Manfrotto sell a 1/4" female to 3/8" male adapter - would this do the trick?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-MN-088LBP-Small-Adapter-Converts/dp/B000JLK5NW...

Comments on the website suggest some are using it for Slik tripods

Last Modified By mikehit at 10 Dec 2012 - 6:20 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.