Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

manual focussing on the d7000

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    widtink
    widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2012 - 3:46 PM

Can anyone help me as iam rather unclear on this topic i bought a 50mm af nikon lens with my new d7000 and i am confused by what the manual says ! It says for afs lens all you have to do is set the camera to manual focus but for af lens you need to set camera and lens but i dont/cannot see and mf selector on the lens. What worries me is that it states in the manual that you can damage the camera if the settings are not in synche.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Jul 2012 - 3:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Newdevonian
    14 Jul 2012 - 4:59 PM

I am guessing that your 50mm AF (D?) is an older lens which is driven by the D7000's internal focus motor, whereas AFS lenses have their own built in focus motor. The M/A switch on the AFS lens is essentially an on / off switch, but you can override it with just the focus ring. With your 50mm, just switch the body lever to M and you should be able to manually focus as required. R.T.F.M. Page 99!Wink

widtink
    widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2012 - 5:09 PM

cheers thats what i thought, great the manual is not very clear on this topic and i wasn't wanting to damage my new toy lol.
    Rod

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.