Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

manual needed

Blackcrag 1 36 United Kingdom
14 Feb 2013 4:57PM
Hi, I have bought a used canon 100-400 4.5 lens.

Came without a manual.

Just need to know the difference between the 2 image stablizer settings if anyone can help please

Gary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
14 Feb 2013 5:05PM
Haven't got my manual to hand but IIRC Mode 1 is normal IS and Mode 2 is for panning, so the system doesn't try and fight the movement that you actually want.
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
14 Feb 2013 6:20PM
try eos magazine they will have one Wink see here
SteveHunter 6 386 1 England
14 Feb 2013 6:33PM

Quote:Haven't got my manual to hand but IIRC Mode 1 is normal IS and Mode 2 is for panning, so the system doesn't try and fight the movement that you actually want.

That's what my manual says Smile
dcash29 9 2.0k England
14 Feb 2013 6:52PM
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300003647/01/ef100-400f45-56lisusm-en.pdf

Only takes around 20 seconds to find on the net.
Peter_West 3 206 United Kingdom
14 Feb 2013 8:47PM
I Have the manual, all 6 pages, if you i'll copy it and send you a copy. Pete
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
15 Feb 2013 6:22AM

Quote:http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300003647/01/ef100-400f45-56lisusm-en.pdf

Only takes around 20 seconds to find on the net.

but most people are so lazy !
15 Feb 2013 9:47AM
many thanks for the link and the comment.

having tried and failed to find the manual via the canon website which seemed logical, I put the request up.
I hate it went people put condesending remarks like ` only takes around 20 seconds but most people are to lazy` puts you off being part of this site
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
15 Feb 2013 9:59AM

Quote: I hate it went people put condesending remarks like ` only takes around 20 seconds but most people are to lazy` puts you off being part of this site

Unfortunetly there is a culture now on here as other forums that this is becoming normal, Those peaple seem to forget what its like starting out and a desire to ask those who have faced this problem before, I dont know why if it offends them that they just dont ignore the thread and let those who are willing to help do so, This is a terrific site but there is a minority on here that seem enjoy alienating new members.
mossy 1 46 1 England
15 Feb 2013 10:20AM
15 Feb 2013 11:53AM
Just as an Addition, well done on you purchase, The 100-400 is a terrific lens and in my case my first L lens, I would not buy anything else now as the quality of the 100-400 blew me away, I use it handheld mainly so have is switched on.
15 Feb 2013 12:28PM
img-8336.jpg

Kev,

I am very pleased with it as well. Spend a lot of time at Martin Mere in Lancashire so its been money well spent already.

This was a shot from yesterday at 400mm full flight across me.

Gary
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
15 Feb 2013 4:50PM
KEVSB if you could have been bothered you would have seen i gave a link to where he could buy a manual from ! lazy people see what i mean !!!!

Unfortunetly there is a culture now on here as other forums that this is becoming normal, Those peaple seem to forget what its like starting out and a desire to ask those who have faced this problem before, I dont know why if it offends them that they just dont ignore the thread and let those who are willing to help do so, This is a terrific site but there is a minority on here that seem enjoy alienating new members.

Quote:I hate it went people put condesending remarks like ` only takes around 20 seconds but most people are to lazy` puts you off being part of this site
dcash29 9 2.0k England
15 Feb 2013 5:46PM

Quote:I hate it went people put condesending remarks like ` only takes around 20 seconds but most people are to lazy` puts you off being part of this site

I could understand if you couldn't find it with the search on this site but Goggle...come on

KEV
Quote:I dont know why if it offends them that they just dont ignore the thread and let those who are willing to help do so, This is a terrific site but there is a minority on here that seem enjoy alienating new members.

Errrmmm... think I did help if you were bothered to read my posting. Do you just scroll through the site to see who you can call Kev? Cos i cant see any help from you.

Maybe with comments like that I'll not bother searching for anything again. Tongue
15 Feb 2013 6:03PM
I hate it went people put condesending remarks like ` only takes around 20 seconds but most people are to lazy` puts you off being part of this site

The OP said the above, His words not mine, so what you put made him not feel welcome on this site, Thats how he felt. And I agree with him, What sounds like an off the cuff comment to you can sound agressive to others, Now I do not know if you meant it the way it sounds but it comes over that way.

Ive seen this so many times before on here " search for it".
If anyone feels that way then ignore the thread as there are others out there that would like to help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.