Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

March theme : suggestions?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pascalg
    pascalg e2 Member 637 forum postspascalg vcard France
    27 Feb 2011 - 11:22 AM

hello all

any suggestions for our March theme ?
    thank you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Feb 2011 - 11:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

woolybill1
    woolybill1 e2 Member 7woolybill1 vcard United Kingdom65 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hello Pascal!

The Mrs and I both feel that the recent low level of participation has been mostly due to inclement weather. People have felt little inclined to go out into the gloom; on the odd occasion when the light has improved the subject matter has not been forthcoming.
    Also the suggested topics have been rather specific; more general topics, such as Spirals, have elicited a wider response.
    Perhaps something like Natural Curves, Right Angles, Natural Distortion (e.g. reflections/shadows but no LB Sad) might appeal?

Bill & Moira

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2011 - 12:29 PM

Quote: no LB

What is LB ?

pascalg
    27 Feb 2011 - 12:30 PM

LB = lens baby Smile

thank you Moira & Bill for this contribution...

taggart
    taggart e2 Member 942 forum poststaggart vcard United States12 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2011 - 12:57 PM

Sorry for no participation but 'meaningful scenery' painted on the sides of buildings are not common where I live---weather did not provide me with many trope d'oile--lots of shadows and cold wet...

LB is ok with me, but not everyone has one

March in the US Northeast is ordinarily tumultuous weather wise--- Natural distortions, curves, shapes, angles should be aplenty--

more if I think of something

pascalg
    27 Feb 2011 - 1:01 PM

thank you Jennnn !!

AshTree
    AshTree  41702 forum posts England6 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2011 - 2:33 PM

I too have been guilty of low input this month - sorry Sad. I could think of no local examples for new images and I very quickly exhausted my limited stock of photos that could (sometimes loosely) be thought on theme. I think the woolybills have hit the nail on the head by citing spirals as one of the more productive themes. Distortions, curves, right angles and so on should give everyone plenty to go on. 'Ancient and modern' is another idea - for example the juxtaposition of architecture, modes of transport etc. from different eras - there'd be plenty of room for interpretation. Like Jenn, if I think of anything else I'll pop back.

Theresa

pascalg
    27 Feb 2011 - 2:42 PM

to all, thank you

please, don't feel guilty or apologise for your participation : feel as free as I do (I haven't uploaded or commented for the whole winter... and feel ok about this)
    this group is absolute freedom : upload / comment when you have time, when you feel like it... please Tongue

mrswoolybill
    mrswoolybill Critique Team 7328 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom879 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2011 - 3:16 PM

Can I second Teresa's nomination of 'Ancient & Modern', it's open to a wide variety of interpretations from architecture to abstract and still life. Not necessarily for March but for some time soon!
    Moira

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.