Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

March theme : suggestions?

pascalg e2
7 37 France
27 Feb 2011 11:22AM
hello all

any suggestions for our March theme ?
thank you

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

woolybill1 e2
8 18 65 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2011 12:25PM
Hello Pascal!

The Mrs and I both feel that the recent low level of participation has been mostly due to inclement weather. People have felt little inclined to go out into the gloom; on the odd occasion when the light has improved the subject matter has not been forthcoming.
Also the suggested topics have been rather specific; more general topics, such as Spirals, have elicited a wider response.
Perhaps something like Natural Curves, Right Angles, Natural Distortion (e.g. reflections/shadows but no LB Sad) might appeal?

Bill & Moira
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
27 Feb 2011 12:29PM

Quote:no LB

What is LB ?
pascalg e2
7 37 France
27 Feb 2011 12:30PM
LB = lens baby Smile

thank you Moira & Bill for this contribution...
taggart e2
10 42 12 United States
27 Feb 2011 12:57PM
Sorry for no participation but 'meaningful scenery' painted on the sides of buildings are not common where I live---weather did not provide me with many trope d'oile--lots of shadows and cold wet...

LB is ok with me, but not everyone has one

March in the US Northeast is ordinarily tumultuous weather wise--- Natural distortions, curves, shapes, angles should be aplenty--

more if I think of something
pascalg e2
7 37 France
27 Feb 2011 1:01PM
thank you Jennnn !!
AshTree 5 1.7k 6 England
27 Feb 2011 2:33PM
I too have been guilty of low input this month - sorry Sad. I could think of no local examples for new images and I very quickly exhausted my limited stock of photos that could (sometimes loosely) be thought on theme. I think the woolybills have hit the nail on the head by citing spirals as one of the more productive themes. Distortions, curves, right angles and so on should give everyone plenty to go on. 'Ancient and modern' is another idea - for example the juxtaposition of architecture, modes of transport etc. from different eras - there'd be plenty of room for interpretation. Like Jenn, if I think of anything else I'll pop back.

Theresa
pascalg e2
7 37 France
27 Feb 2011 2:42PM
to all, thank you

please, don't feel guilty or apologise for your participation : feel as free as I do (I haven't uploaded or commented for the whole winter... and feel ok about this)
this group is absolute freedom : upload / comment when you have time, when you feel like it... please Tongue
mrswoolybill e2
8 526 1090 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2011 3:16PM
Can I second Teresa's nomination of 'Ancient & Modern', it's open to a wide variety of interpretations from architecture to abstract and still life. Not necessarily for March but for some time soon!
Moira

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.