Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Marketing Advice.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Sep 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hi all

I have recently set up a Clikpic site (www.wilshere-ballardphotography.co.uk), and need some advise from longer term users of similar sites. I am trying to sell a few images through the site. I know . . . "don't give up your day job", and that is really not my plan!! Basically I want it to earn a bit of wedge, to fund some kit upgrades I am looking in to. I have already sold a few prints, enough to re-coup the 47.00 I paid for the site and domain name.

The question is - how do I get 'my name' out there? What sort of marketing has worked for you? I don't want to spend a fortune as that kind of defeats the object of what I am trying to do!! Anything you can throw into the arena would be appreciated!!

(any feed back on the site would also be appreciated - still tweeking it!!)

Thanks all, in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Sep 2008 - 11:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stockczech
    23 Sep 2008 - 2:03 PM

Someone will doubtless be along shortly who can fill you in on the finer points of search engine optimisation, but here are a few other pointers.

I have business cards that are in the same style as my website, and hand them out whenever possible. I also use my website address as part of the signature on my emails. in fact I get it out there as much as possible.

Linking to other sites seems to be debatable - there are some who swear that it is a good thing, others that it has no effect on your ratings.

Link to Google Analytics (you can do that really easily through Clikpic) and use the results to analyse which pages draw the most traffic, and also which keywords are used to find your site.

There are a couple of typos that need correcting. Background - i should be in capitals; there should be a , after 'shutter speed' and a . after 400D. Also you should remove 'Use this section to add links to other sites. This section is optional. ' from the links page.

Sheila

Chris_H
    Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2008 - 4:50 PM

Hi Nigel,

Just had a look at your site and you have lots of nice images of locations that I know quite well.

I think Shelia offered good advice really, all I would add is simply to tell everyone you know about your site, word of mouth is a powerful tool. It takes time but you may also find you get lots of orders come from past clients or friends and family of someone who has purchased one of your images.

All The Best
    Chris

aftertherain
    23 Sep 2008 - 8:36 PM

It should read Information' about me and my work' not myself and my work.

Last Modified By aftertherain at 23 Sep 2008 - 8:37 PM
    Nigeyboy
    23 Sep 2008 - 9:45 PM

Thanks all - I have amended my site with your corrections!! Thanks again.

I am telling anyone who will listen about my site, and adding my link to my e-mail sig, so we will see.

chasney
    chasney  10138 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Sep 2008 - 10:55 AM

Some good constructive feedback there Nigel, like your images.
    Personally I think introductory text should be kept a minimum, although I can see there's lots you want to say and quite right too but I don't think it has to be all on the website so viewers concentrate on your images - 'less is more'.

Also, why not pick out one key image and use it on your stationery -builds your 'brand'.

Talking of images, one of you would be good to personalise the site.

HTH
    C

fotodayz
    fotodayz  6177 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2008 - 12:19 PM

Your first page is your selling page and I've read it helps if your keywords are also prominent as text in the copy, that you have a contact number or link to the contact page and don't forget to tag your photos too! It may look at lot but it's not for the viewer it's for the search bots. You're competing with older websites that usually rank higher in searches so any quick tips can get you off that bottom rung faster. Smile

Nigeyboy
    24 Sep 2008 - 8:42 PM

Brilliant - thanks again all. Good advise that i can get onto straigt away. Will let you all know if i make any more sales!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.