Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Marmite - Love it or hate it?

JBA 6 341 1 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2008 11:57AM
Fun With Marmite - 1 - put a small dollop of marmite on a plate or other flat surface. take a knife and pat the Marmite dollop repeatedly, after a few minutes of this treatment it will go greyish white! Hoorah! Buns and lemonade all round. . .
Jon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

n8trm 7 4.4k United Kingdom
16 Nov 2008 1:14PM
You should try Route 66 from Lydl - its grrrrrreat
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2012 10:25PM
In Oxford Street, London. tonight
20121107--mg-1063.jpg

Yummy
HJKeithW 6 59 New Zealand
9 Nov 2012 11:51PM
There is Marmite - and there is Marmite!

Here in NZ we have our own brand made by Sanitarium, a food company based in Christchurch. Unfortunately in the Christchurch earthquake almost 2 years ago, the plant manufacturing 'our' Marmite was damaged and until the building has been repaired or rebuilt, NZ Marmite is not available. NZ Customs stopped the importation of 'English' Marmite although it was allowed in when it was relabelled 'Ourmite'

We hope that NZ Marmite will be in the shops again before long, it is different from all the other yeast spreads and we miss it!
searlem e2
7 38 1 England
10 Nov 2012 9:16PM
50/50in our house, me and the dog like it, the ladies(wife and daughter) don't. Spread thinly on hot buttered toast. Also like Gentlemans Relish (anchovy paste) the family think I am insane!
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
11 Nov 2012 8:12AM

Quote:50/50in our house, me and the dog like it,

Considering some of the disgusting things dogs like to eat, that's no recommendation… Wink
11 Nov 2012 10:31PM
3 out of 3 in our house.
the Cat loves it, and will climb up me or my wife to try to lick it off our toast!
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2012 7:21AM
5 out of 6 in our household love it.

My wife hates it and turns her head away whilst the toast is being buttered BUT when I make the gravy she eats it without comment.

I may forget to mention that I've put some in the gravy but I don't get any complaints from her.

I make a Marmite and Liver cake (really!) for training the dogs and they watch it baking in the oven through the glass door, drooling on the floor until it is ready LOL

As soon as the cake is ready, I, in my official capacity as Food Quality Controller, must of course test it for texture and taste before giving it to the dogs.

With a bag of Marmite and Liver cake in my pocket - the dogs will follow me anywhere Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
12 Nov 2012 2:09PM
I needed a new pot today and was amazed to see you can now get it in a gold package with gold flecks in it, and an extra-strong version too. Extra strong!!! That'd be enough to send you through the roof I bet.

Sorry if the above's already been said but I can't spare the time to read though 8 pages on the subject of marmite, love it or hate it. Smile
x
Squirrel 7 401 3 England
12 Nov 2012 3:00PM
Rather have marmite than Bovril.
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2012 3:04PM

Quote:I needed a new pot today and was amazed to see you can now get it in a gold package with gold flecks in it, and an extra-strong version too. Extra strong!!! That'd be enough to send you through the roof I bet.

x

The Marmite Gold Edition is fabulous. Bling on toast is shorthand for this in our family LOL

My wife says the gold flecked version is proof you can polish a t*rd ..........................
nsutcliffe 8 88 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2012 8:25AM
Love it!
I put it in my cooking to add a kick to gravy, shepherds pie and chilli.
In a sandwich with tuna, cheese and tomato. It is delicous with St Agur cheese spread.
I also have the Marmite chocolate bar but can only manage one square a day!

And when the jar is finally empty I fill it with hot water to make a superb Marmite drink!

(Having written this all down I am starting to se why my family thinks I am mad.)
CDSINUK 2 223 England
13 Nov 2012 10:19AM
i love Marmite so much i dived a wreck called the Aoelian Sky to collect some from the seabed..... now thats love Smile
nsutcliffe 8 88 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2012 5:52PM
Did it taste OK though?
Photoluv86 2 20 United States
15 Nov 2012 12:21AM
I have actually never tried Marmite. It's something I've always meant to try but haven't gotten around to yet.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.