Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Martins camera shop

warjoe e2
8 74 Northern Ireland
19 Dec 2007 6:23PM
i order a Canon 70-200 lens at the start of the month from them but still it has not come ,has anyone had any dealings with this shop. Starting to get worried they may have done-a-runner.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
19 Dec 2007 6:35PM

Quote: Telephone Order Line 0113 2936282

Have you called them?

Quote:All The Equipment You Love, Reduced By Up To 50% Off Recommended Retail Prices

Oh dear... Sad
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
19 Dec 2007 7:15PM

Quote:By Up To 50% Off

Same as Mike.....Oh! Dear....Oh! Dear.

If something looks to good to be true......

Chances are it is...
Alcor e2
7 35 Scotland
19 Dec 2007 7:20PM
Domain name:
martinscamerashop.co.uk
Registrant:
Martin Weston
Registrant type:
UK Individual
Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
Registrar:
Ekm Systems Ltd t/a Ekm Systems Ltd [Tag = EKMSYSTEMS]
URL: http://www.ekmsystems.co.uk
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 07-Mar-2007
Renewal date: 07-Mar-2009
Last updated: 19-Mar-2007
Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.
Name servers:
ns1.ekmsystems.net
ns2.ekmsystems.net

Owner is a non trading individual, that doesnt sound good.
Snapper e2
10 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
19 Dec 2007 7:27PM

Quote:Quote:By Up To 50% Off Same as Mike.....Oh! Dear....Oh! Dear.

If something looks to good to be true......

Chances are it is...

Ah but sometimes they only have a couple of items with any size of discount and the "up to" phrase is a bit of a con. This guy looks like a deadbeat though, but how could he have a trading account to take payment?
Takra e2
8 92 England
19 Dec 2007 7:36PM
Read this -
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews158790.html

I tried calling the their number and after a few rings it diverts to ring another number which goes to an answer phone with a crap recording message like you do on you own personal phone.

Looks and sounds like some guy trying to run a business from his home! I would get your money back and go else where.
Snapper e2
10 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
19 Dec 2007 7:53PM
Well Warren, assuming that you are not this guy, he at least seems to have got his money back.
Takra e2
8 92 England
19 Dec 2007 8:00PM

Quote:Well Warren, assuming that you are not this guy, he at least seems to have got his money back.

Nope that was not me. I work for a camera shop and was was asked if we priced match this shop today! I had never heard of them (or him) until today and so i thought i would have an other closer look at them after I seen this.
hi peeps, bought a Nikon 55-200vr from the said shop, signed, sealed and delivered in 4 days, not defending them but if you look on the website some of the stuff is in stock, some not!!!!
fishiee e2
10 470 3 United Kingdom
22 Dec 2007 3:40PM
Guy at my club got a 5D from there a couple of weeks no problem.

Does look a bit like a guy with this job on the side from looking over the site?
29 Jan 2008 2:28PM
I have just got off the phone to said shop and i can say i have never experienced such disgusting service. i have been chasing them for the last few days as my order has been over two weeks now only to be called up (after leaving my second voicmail and one email) and told that my lens was in stock but that it wont be sent to me due to my harrassing emails! (all 1 off them) i was called stupid, told my custom meant nothing to them, i said that i was concerend because i had read bad reviews of them online and was told that people who read/write in blogs are sad. the lady then hung up on me after telling me she would refund my money because i have been pestering them. I am now waiting for the money back.
29 Jan 2008 2:28PM
wish me luck!
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
29 Jan 2008 2:31PM
Hmm... in the words of a well-known advert: "Nice people to do business with" ???

It seems not! Sad
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
29 Jan 2008 5:12PM
A pain in the the neck for sure, but at least you're covered if you paid by CC.
I'd get on to the CC company straight away.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
29 Jan 2008 5:40PM

Quote:Hmm... in the words of a well-known advert: "Nice people to do business with" ???

It seems not!

No, sounds like they could do with a bit of bad publicity. Get your money back and try Kerso, he has lots of contented customers here, me included.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.