Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

May I Make a Suggestion?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: time to move on
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014795 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 2:46 AM

If you insist upon having awards, such as EC, POW, etc., why not have something worthwhile; an award that means something, such as Most Improved, it could be one or all catagories; or most consistent; Miss Congeniality; Mr. ********; etc. You get the idea. Make some suggestions, see if we can have something to strive for.

Denny

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Oct 2012 - 2:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
4 Oct 2012 - 7:46 AM

SmileSmileSmileSmile

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
4 Oct 2012 - 7:51 AM

Most Consistently Inconsistent

Wink

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
4 Oct 2012 - 7:57 AM

Apologies - please ignore the above comment. I'm sure Denny would appreciate genuine suggestions, not daft remarks.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 9:14 AM

Quote: If you insist upon having awards, such as EC, POW, etc., why not have something worthwhile; an award that means something, such as Most Improved, it could be one or all catagories; or most consistent; Miss Congeniality; Mr. ********; etc. You get the idea. Make some suggestions, see if we can have something to strive for.

Interesting request from someone who said regularly they strongly don't like the competitive element.

I believe ECs are worthwhile or I wouldn't have wasted about a third of my ePHOTOzine working life over the last 10 years giving them.

As regards other types (I certainly like the most improved angle - and we did that in the Guide to Great Photography book). If anyone has an idea (one that you could manage yourself) send me a very short proposal on what you think we should have and how you would choose the candidates. Then if we like the idea you can run it and we can promote the product and the members selected. Keep the Miss Congeniality; Mr. ******** ideas to yourself. This should just be for worthwhile achievements. Anyway I could quite easily choose the Mr Arseholes Wink

User_Removed
4 Oct 2012 - 9:21 AM

Quote: Interesting request from someone who said regularly they strongly don't like the competitive element.

His attitude has improved lol, Tongue give him an MIA award Wink

I won't hold my breath for mine Grin

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 9:30 AM

Can we get the Guide to Great photography from here or Amazon Pete? Did EPZ write it?

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 9:46 AM

Chris you can get it here in PDF format.

puertouk
puertouk  21072 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 9:54 AM

How can you keep tabs on every photographer to see if they are the most improved?

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 10:10 AM

Quote: Chris you can get it here in PDF format.

Thanks answers. Smile
Before downloading it, could you tell me what level it's aimed at?.
I've been taking photographs for about 25 years and have many books so I'm just wondering if it'd be for beginners or people that haven't been doing it for long. There's no Preview option so I can't peek inside.
Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 10:11 AM

every level

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4602 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 - 11:04 AM

Quote: Can we get the Guide to Great photography from here or Amazon Pete? Did EPZ write it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EPHOTOzine-Guide-Great-Photography-Essential/dp/09551760...

or available as a PDF: http://www.guidetogreatphotography.co.uk/

Last Modified By joshwa at 4 Oct 2012 - 11:05 AM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2012 - 11:12 AM

Quote: Can we get the Guide to Great photography from here or Amazon Pete? Did EPZ write it?

Yes we did write it...and it was a very good book. Not your usual book as it had loads of pictures from members that took ages to compile and in amongst that was interviews with members (featured as profiles) and lots of tips and techniques. It was produced in a one off print run of 2000 paperback and 600 hardbacks (that came with certificates). All sold out now. The only real beginner bit was six pages explaining all the jargon at the front. If you can get a physical copy it's well worth it (two used on Amazon link Josh gave above). Otherwise if you don't mind PDF that's the entire thing that you can view on your computer.

SlowSong
4 Oct 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the info. I'd love a paperback copy. I'll check out the second-handers.
Any thoughts about a reprint of the paperback?

Pete
4 Oct 2012 - 11:40 AM

Quote: Any thoughts about a reprint of the paperback?

We did consider it at one point, but decided not to.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: time to move on