Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

May I Make a Suggestion?

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : time to move on

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
4 Oct 2012 2:46AM
If you insist upon having awards, such as EC, POW, etc., why not have something worthwhile; an award that means something, such as Most Improved, it could be one or all catagories; or most consistent; Miss Congeniality; Mr. ********; etc. You get the idea. Make some suggestions, see if we can have something to strive for.

Denny

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 7:46AM
SmileSmileSmileSmile
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
4 Oct 2012 7:51AM
Most Consistently Inconsistent

Wink
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
4 Oct 2012 7:57AM
Apologies - please ignore the above comment. I'm sure Denny would appreciate genuine suggestions, not daft remarks.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
4 Oct 2012 9:14AM

Quote:If you insist upon having awards, such as EC, POW, etc., why not have something worthwhile; an award that means something, such as Most Improved, it could be one or all catagories; or most consistent; Miss Congeniality; Mr. ********; etc. You get the idea. Make some suggestions, see if we can have something to strive for.

Interesting request from someone who said regularly they strongly don't like the competitive element.

I believe ECs are worthwhile or I wouldn't have wasted about a third of my ePHOTOzine working life over the last 10 years giving them.

As regards other types (I certainly like the most improved angle - and we did that in the Guide to Great Photography book). If anyone has an idea (one that you could manage yourself) send me a very short proposal on what you think we should have and how you would choose the candidates. Then if we like the idea you can run it and we can promote the product and the members selected. Keep the Miss Congeniality; Mr. ******** ideas to yourself. This should just be for worthwhile achievements. Anyway I could quite easily choose the Mr Arseholes Wink
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:21AM

Quote:Interesting request from someone who said regularly they strongly don't like the competitive element.

His attitude has improved lol, Tongue give him an MIA award Wink

I won't hold my breath for mine Grin
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
4 Oct 2012 9:30AM
Can we get the Guide to Great photography from here or Amazon Pete? Did EPZ write it?
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:46AM
Chris you can get it here in PDF format.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:54AM
How can you keep tabs on every photographer to see if they are the most improved?
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
4 Oct 2012 10:10AM

Quote:Chris you can get it here in PDF format.
Thanks answers. Smile
Before downloading it, could you tell me what level it's aimed at?.
I've been taking photographs for about 25 years and have many books so I'm just wondering if it'd be for beginners or people that haven't been doing it for long. There's no Preview option so I can't peek inside.
Smile
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 10:11AM
every level
joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 11:04AM

Quote:Can we get the Guide to Great photography from here or Amazon Pete? Did EPZ write it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EPHOTOzine-Guide-Great-Photography-Essential/dp/095517600X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349345056&sr=8-1

or available as a PDF: http://www.guidetogreatphotography.co.uk/
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
4 Oct 2012 11:12AM

Quote:Can we get the Guide to Great photography from here or Amazon Pete? Did EPZ write it?

Yes we did write it...and it was a very good book. Not your usual book as it had loads of pictures from members that took ages to compile and in amongst that was interviews with members (featured as profiles) and lots of tips and techniques. It was produced in a one off print run of 2000 paperback and 600 hardbacks (that came with certificates). All sold out now. The only real beginner bit was six pages explaining all the jargon at the front. If you can get a physical copy it's well worth it (two used on Amazon link Josh gave above). Otherwise if you don't mind PDF that's the entire thing that you can view on your computer.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
4 Oct 2012 11:37AM
Thanks for the info. I'd love a paperback copy. I'll check out the second-handers.
Any thoughts about a reprint of the paperback?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
4 Oct 2012 11:40AM

Quote:Any thoughts about a reprint of the paperback?

We did consider it at one point, but decided not to.