Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Measurements of Quality

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AspenB
    AspenB  13 United Kingdom
    4 Aug 2002 - 6:38 PM

Are there measurements apart from the number of pixels that will determine whether a digital camera is good enough to buy instead of a film camera? E.g. lense quality, colour reproduction, contrast comparisons etc..?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Aug 2002 - 6:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2002 - 7:17 PM

Lens quality is a key factor, as is the processing of the image, signal to noise ratio and overall control of exposure. There's a comparison suggested that a CCD would need to deliver 14 million pixesl to be at the same standard as film, but very few users would ever see the advantage of having film quality a few ever push film to its limits. A 2million pixel camera will give you a good 10x8in picture and 5 million is as much as most of us would ever need.

Peter Bargh Testing

I think the LCD is also important. I've used a digital camera where the pics looked okay on the viewfinder but were blurred when I got home and looked at them on a computer. The newer camerras have a zoom display where you can magnify the area to check sharpness.

stevekhart
    11 Jun 2013 - 6:49 PM

Hello,

This is the forum topic to discuss the Model Studio Day event scheduled for 07/07/2013.

To view more details regarding this event, click here.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.