Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Member of the Week - main discussion and signup thread

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Overread
Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 4:08 PM

Well here we go!

This is the thread for general discussion regarding member of the week as well as to sign up to take part.

The outline for those new to the idea is simple. Each week one member will be selected from the list of volunteers to be "Member of the "Week"; they will get their own thread in this group and for that week will have questions fired at them by the rest of the community. The aim is to have a rolling active discussion thread rather than a single QA session at the end of the week and the intent is that we all have a bit of fun and get to know each other a little better.

The nominated people don't have to answer any question they don't wish to and questions need not be kept photographic - though its expected to be the dominant theme its not the only topic that might crop up. Things can remain dead serious or slip into the totally crazy - each thread will be unique!

Note that if you are chosen for the week you'll be notified in advance to make sure that you are able to take part for that week.

So now's your chance to discuss this new idea and to sign up and take part.*

*signing up requires that you post your interest in this thread, membership of the group does not sign you up to the scheme.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Nov 2010 - 4:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
17 Nov 2010 - 4:27 PM

Go on then, count me in....

lawbert
lawbert  71720 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 4:28 PM

Its a very good idea Alex and yup..Im interested.

Are you to be the first?

It would be only fitting as it was your idea and you would be able to demonstrate how you would like the group to runSmile

Metalhead
Metalhead  71878 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 4:32 PM

I think I added myself to the other discussion thread about this, but if this is the official one then please count me in too! Should be fun... Grin

"G6DDS" volunteered to go first on the other thread. He'll probably add himself officially to the list once he sees this new topic up and running.

Last Modified By Metalhead at 17 Nov 2010 - 4:34 PM
miyaguchi
miyaguchi  4136 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Nov 2010 - 5:29 PM

I'm up for it, when will the first guinea pig be decided upon?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014843 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 7:03 PM

Go for it Smile

I'm in

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 7:03 PM

I'll volunteer to be humiliated Tongue

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81105 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 7:45 PM

Yea , sounds like it looks fun !

G6DDS
G6DDS  5231 forum posts Scotland
17 Nov 2010 - 8:50 PM

Yeah i said i would go first. Looking forward to it.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315630 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2010 - 9:43 PM

How many members our there on the site ? I can`t see how this could possibly work fairly.

Picture_Newport

Quote: How many members our there on the site ? I can`t see how this could possibly work fairly.

The same way as 'Guest Editor' I would Imagine.

A list is made (by the OP I pressume) of members who put themselves forward for this in order that they show their interest on this thread.
Then members are invited to ask them questions.
Simple......

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2010 - 9:54 PM

lets go for it!!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014843 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2010 - 11:05 PM

Quote: How many members our there on the site ? I can`t see how this could possibly work fairly.

very unlikely that we'll get 20 members joining in, I don't think we'll have a problem accommodating the whole membership Smile

Just needs to be pushed and promoted by the OP to get some momentum and we're good to go Smile

Overread
Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2010 - 11:39 PM

Aye I'm mostly waiting for a good day to start on (ie one that is not a deadzone and which I'll remember to restart each week Tongue). At the moment I'm thinking either Friday or Monday - downside to friday is that the weekend follows right after which can sometimes be a deadzone as far as chatting goes. Bonus to Friday is people might remember about it just after pubtime Tongue

G6DDS
G6DDS  5231 forum posts Scotland
19 Nov 2010 - 9:44 AM

Pubtime questions would make it more interesting i think. Nobody seems to look at this site during the weekends so i would say Monday would be better, thats when the GE starts too.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.