Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Member of the Week - Week 1 - G6DDS (Iain Geddes)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Overread
Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 4:20 PM

Well here we go for the first EPZ Member of the Week; and up first is G6DDS (Iain Geddes). A man who, in his own words has,
Quote: nothing to hide

We'll see Iain, we'll see! Tongue

As per the rules of the section you've from now till next Monday (thats the 3/12/10) to ask any and all questions you will of Iain. Iain has the similar time frame to answer any and all questions he chooses to answer.

So here we go!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Nov 2010 - 4:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

G6DDS
G6DDS e2 Member 5231 forum postsG6DDS vcard Scotland
19 Nov 2010 - 4:41 PM

You missed out the part i had in brackets! Never mind, here goes

Metalhead
Metalhead  61876 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 4:50 PM

Did we ever get the set of "standard" questions to ask someone when things go quiet? Probably photographic ones...

I'll be boring and start off with "What camera do you own and why did you choose it?" (Or cameras!)

I'm sure I'll think up some juicier questions once the formalities are out of the way! Wink

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53617 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 4:54 PM

OK Nice to meet you Iain, That's a bright, varied and exciting profile portfolio you have.
Are you a full time pro photographer in Scotland?

G6DDS
19 Nov 2010 - 5:15 PM

I have a Canon 40d at the moment, chose it as it was going cheap at my work. Started off with a 400d. When I was looking for my 1st dslr all my mates on the Subaru forums had Canon so thought I would get one too.
I'm only doing photography as a hobby, too many photographers nowadays I think it would be too hard trying to get a good client base to go pro.

scottishphototours

Assume you've had a lottery win - is there a photographic project you'd like to cover and why?

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111546 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 6:53 PM

Do you have a specific genre of photography that you enjoy more than others?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 7:38 PM

why G6DDS?

Kris_Dutson
19 Nov 2010 - 7:40 PM

Amateur Radio callsign

(Posted by G0LOH) Wink

G6DDS
19 Nov 2010 - 7:45 PM

If I was to win the lottery I would love to fly to the states and shoot lady gaga, weird I know but I just love her individual style.

Started off loving landscapes but the more portraits I do the more I think this is the route I want to go down, I get a buzz out of meeting new people and the different personalities.

G6DDS is the number plate on my car. My last name is Geddes and its the closest to my name for the money I had.

Kris_Dutson
19 Nov 2010 - 7:50 PM

LOL - that put me right. Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 7:59 PM

what made up upload this shot Wink

G6DDS
19 Nov 2010 - 8:30 PM

Started off with a 400d and kit lens so was really proud when I purchased those 2 lenses. If I never joined this site I would never have advanced forward and upgraded. Lens envy is a bad thing.

ade_mcfade
19 Nov 2010 - 8:34 PM

Quote: Lens envy is a bad thing.

very true

I get over it by using my 60 Lensbaby V2 - looks cheap, was cheap and is blurry Wink

so next question...

Would you say you are a creative or a literal/recordist photographer?

theorderingone
19 Nov 2010 - 8:34 PM

You've quite a few manipulated pics in your portfolio. Which do you enjoy more? The shooting, or the manipulating?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.