Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Member of the Week - Week 1 - G6DDS (Iain Geddes)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
G6DDS
G6DDS e2 Member 5231 forum postsG6DDS vcard Scotland
19 Nov 2010 - 8:38 PM

Wouldn't say i was very creative with my photography Ade, thats the one thing i lack. Look at most of the images on here and wish i'd thought of it. Creativity envy is also something i have.

I love manipulating my photos, i do have lots of ideas in that department, just wish i had the photographic skills to produce the images to manipulate.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Nov 2010 - 8:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014749 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 8:48 PM

ok

from your first page of shots, post your fave on here and tell us why you like that more than the other 39 shots on the front page Wink

G6DDS
19 Nov 2010 - 9:37 PM

60813-1662436441025-1240642854-1863837-923156-n.jpg

I think i understand what you're asking Ade.
The above shot is my favourite because it's quite dark. I love gothic, dark, scary and other realm stuff. The original picture was not taken by myself but it's the quality of images i strive to take in the future. It's like i said earlier, i have the ideas but just not the skills. Now that i'm saying this out loud to myself and typing it i find it quite sad that my favourite image wasn't even taken by me! I have it printed large and in a frame, everyday i look at it and tell myself one day my pictures will be as good as that.

theorderingone
19 Nov 2010 - 9:44 PM

Quote: everyday i look at it and tell myself one day my pictures will be as good as that.

So, starting today... What are you going to do to ensure this happens? Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014749 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2010 - 9:45 PM

cool shot Smile

wasn't really what I meant though - bad explanation from me

go to this page

you will see the last 40 shots YOU uploaded

pick your favourite from those 40 shots

Post it in here

Tell us all about it and why you think it is the best on the page - what you did right, was there anything technical you really liked, did you get something special from the model etc.

theorderingone
19 Nov 2010 - 9:48 PM

That image is on his page Ade, Iain did the maniplations.

ade_mcfade
19 Nov 2010 - 9:51 PM

I'm blind

ignore me Wink

theorderingone
19 Nov 2010 - 10:00 PM

Easily done Wink

G6DDS
19 Nov 2010 - 10:07 PM

I've started already by booking models or even just friends and shooting them. Practice makes perfect! Bought a whole load of books and even on here more studying portraits. I've got what I think are a few cracking images from today so if you asked me that question tomorrow Ade my answer would be different, will be uploading a new one tomorrow.
Bought a new house and will be converting a room into a studio, need to learn a lot about lighting and many other things.

theorderingone
19 Nov 2010 - 10:27 PM

Excellent! Have you tried getting in touch with other photographers in your area/photographers you admire to ask for tips, or even to shadow/assist them on a shoot?

G6DDS
19 Nov 2010 - 11:14 PM

I've never really been someone who asks for help. I have tattooed on my inner arm "without struggle there is no progress"
If I can't figure something out myself I will search through books or the web for answers, asking people for help is a last resort.

ade_mcfade
19 Nov 2010 - 11:18 PM

Quote: asking people for help is a last resort

I've found most people are flattered if you ask them how you did something - especially on here.

theorderingone
19 Nov 2010 - 11:39 PM

Quote: asking people for help is a last resort

Quote: I've found most people are flattered if you ask them how you did something - especially on here.

Indeed, that would be my experience too. Some of the best photographers I know of are the most approachable too. I suppose that comes with a lack of insecurity.

ade_mcfade
19 Nov 2010 - 11:51 PM

slightly different angle on the same theme...

which piece of kit/setup do you think would help you achieve the shots you're after?

For what it's worth, for me it would be 2 Elinchrom Rangers (the 2K ones) with huge 6 foot westcotts Wink Perfect for cars and location shoots

ade_mcfade
19 Nov 2010 - 11:59 PM

(note, it's not a "what's your dream kit" question... ) Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.