Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Member of the Week - Week 1 - G6DDS (Iain Geddes)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
G6DDS
G6DDS e2 Member 4231 forum postsG6DDS vcard Scotland
20 Nov 2010 - 8:15 AM

Honestly i'm happy with the kit i have and don't feel anything new would help me achieve what i'm after. Practice is all i need right now and some creativity.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Nov 2010 - 8:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2010 - 8:37 AM

How did you discover ePHOTOzine?
What made you join/register?
What's your favourite feature of ePHOTOzine?
What's your least favourite?

G6DDS
20 Nov 2010 - 9:11 AM

I heard about ePHOTOzine in a digital photographer magazine, a lady was featured and she mentioned it was the best site for togs.
Only took me 10 mins to decide to register, was on flickr for a while but didn't get much out of that. The people on here seemed really helpful.
Favourite feature is the technique videos.
Least favourite is the voting system.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2010 - 2:14 PM

Quote: Honestly i'm happy with the kit i have and don't feel anything new would help me achieve what i'm after. Practice is all i need right now and some creativity.

so no piece of kit in the world would open any doors of creativity?

interesting

There are a few "dark" images in the folio - I'm watching you - frustrated - welcome to hell.

What do you think that tells us about you, your photography, how you see yourself and you think others see you?

Metalhead
Metalhead  61864 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2010 - 3:25 PM

Sorry I'm not online much over the weekends but I have read through all the questions and answers so far. Mostly photographic so far, which is probably how it should be!

I'll add a random selection of "you" questions, such as:

Whereabouts are you based? Have you always lived there or have you moved to that area?
What do you do for a living if photography is a hobby?
What other main interests do you have?
What's your favourite drinks? Beer, whisky? Tea??
What music do you like? (Though I note the Lady Gaga reference on page 1!)
Favourite locations? For photography or holidays?
What's the most dangerous thing you've done? Interpret that how you like!

This "Member of the week" thing should or could be more of an informal "get to know you session" so I'm sure these questions are fine...

G6DDS
20 Nov 2010 - 4:17 PM

That's a tough one to answer Ade. Not sure if people will think of me as a dark person after looking at them, i like to think i can just cater for all tastes thats why i have so many different pictures in my portfolio.

I'm based in Dundee now and have been the last 6 months but for the rest of my life i lived 30 miles north of Dundee in a small town called Montrose.
I'm an engineer for a living, working for one of the largest companies in the world GE. They bought the oil and gas company i worked for called Vetco Gray. We make all parts for the offshore drilling rigs. I work on a large CNC vertical lathe.
Photography and photoshop are my only real main interests although i do like to read the odd book now and then.
Favourite drink would be Tesco flavoured still water during the day but a beer or a glass or red in the evening is good.
I love Kelly Clarkson, Neyo, Katherine Jenkins, Carrie Underwood, Michael Jackson, Linkin Park, Disturbed and Lady Gaga.
Favourite holiday destination would be Playacar Mexico, such a relaxed atmosphere and the people are great.
Most dangerous thing i have ever done? Can't really thing of any extreme sports etc that i've done. I guess my job could be dangerous in the fact that i work with very large pieces of metal weighing upto 8ton. Lifting and turning them with an overhead crane has it's risks i guess.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2010 - 6:34 PM

If you could have a portrait session with anyone in the world, who would be on the other end of the camera and why.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 20 Nov 2010 - 6:35 PM
G6DDS
20 Nov 2010 - 6:50 PM

Lady Gaga would be at the other end of the camera purely for her individual style. Maybe after working with her some of the creativity in her would rub off on me.

JamesGarfield
20 Nov 2010 - 7:22 PM

As we are aproaching the end of the year, may I ask what you would like to achieve in 2011 either personally or professionally?

Last Modified By JamesGarfield at 20 Nov 2010 - 7:25 PM
KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2010 - 7:27 PM

Hi Iain, I noticed you started off loving landscape photography, but now prefer to do more portraiture. is this because you find portraits more of a challenge, and has more scope for manipulation, or is it just the meeting people aspect?

With portraits, do you prefer natural light "environmental portraits", or do you favour a studio set-up?

G6DDS
20 Nov 2010 - 9:49 PM

My better half and I are expecting our first baby together next week so my 2011 will be concentrated on being a good father.

I still love landscapes and hope to get back shooting some next year when I get some lee filters. I moved to portraits to give myself a challenge. I've been lacking self confidence for a while and thought getting out and meeting new people would help.
I also prefer to manipulate portraits as I have a little bit more ideas in mind for them.
I had a shoot last week in my house using lighting and location shoots the last 2 days and have to say I prefered the location shoots. Natural lighting is much more flattering I feel and think you have to work harder. You can adjust lights but have little control in the Sun.

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2010 - 1:15 PM

Good luck to you & your partner - hope the birth goes well Smile Baby pics will be a whole new challenge for you!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2010 - 8:02 PM

Yes that is good new, congrats.

G6DDS
21 Nov 2010 - 9:00 PM

Thanks Kathy and Paul

Alan_Coles
21 Nov 2010 - 10:21 PM

Who is your fave photographer on Epz and why?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.