Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Member of the Week -thatbloke- Jan 1st Week - 3rd Jan- 10th Jan

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
4 Jan 2011 2:35PM
It's me Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
4 Jan 2011 3:14PM
It's him! Tongue
devlin 4 651 39 India
4 Jan 2011 4:36PM
OK let me kick start Grin..whats your favorite stress buster ?
CathyI e2
10 344 3 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2011 4:50PM
Did you make any new year's resolutions, photographically or otherwise?
looboss 8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2011 4:51PM
in the seven years you have been on EPZ, in which field have you progressed the most and which one is still pending to learn about?
4 Jan 2011 4:54PM
Hi Devlin, I don't really suffer from stress so I don't have a stress buster as such. I do enjoy going for a walk on my own along the seafront or on the South downs (or pretty much anywhere really), just me and my thoughts which I find quite relaxing.
4 Jan 2011 4:55PM

Quote:Did you make any new year's resolutions, photographically or otherwise?

Nothing photographically, but I have put on a stone this year so my intention is to lose that, boring I know.
4 Jan 2011 5:02PM

Quote:in the seven years you have been on EPZ, in which field have you progressed the most and which one is still pending to learn about?

Luis, I'm not really sure I have progressed, I was pants then and I'm pants now Tongue

My biggest downfall is not practising enough. Perhaps I should change my new year resolution to practice more.

I would like to be able to offer more critique in a manner that helps people but this is also something that needs practice and an understanding of what you can do.
CathyI e2
10 344 3 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2011 6:28PM

Quote:I have put on a stone this year so my intention is to lose that, boring I know

I know the feeling! So - does that mean going to the gym/doing other sport or eating less? Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
4 Jan 2011 6:44PM
7 years on the site and only 4 pages of shots to show for it?#

Why so few?
KathyW 11 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
4 Jan 2011 7:26PM
Hi Graham

You have several black & white shots in your pf, including the excellent cat images. Most people wouldn't have considered mono as a choice for these shots, so what made you go for it in this instance, and do you prefer B&W to colour as a general rule?
4 Jan 2011 7:34PM

Quote:does that mean going to the gym/doing other sport or eating less?

A little bit of each Tongue
4 Jan 2011 7:45PM

Quote:7 years on the site and only 4 pages of shots to show for it?#

Why so few?

I can go out with the best of intentions and take only two or three shots or I can take two hundred or so, but invarably very few of them come out as I envisaged. Therefore I do tend to delete an awful lot of my pictures. I then get disheartened and will not pick up my camera for a couple of weeks. So I am not prolific in the sense that I am constantly taking pictures.

I think the biggest reason though is that I just do not think my pictures are good enough but this comes down to practice and motivation. Both of which I can improve upon, but ultimately I believe that I haven't got 'the eye' like some other people have.
4 Jan 2011 7:51PM

Quote:Hi Graham

You have several black & white shots in your pf, including the excellent cat images. Most people wouldn't have considered mono as a choice for these shots, so what made you go for it in this instance, and do you prefer B&W to colour as a general rule?

Hi Kathy

The BW cat shots were not really an artistic choice in the sense that I thought they would make good subject matter, it is more the fact that my colour vision is quite poor and I find it difficult to replicate what the colours should be in post processing without making a hash of thimgs. However when I posted the first of the moggy shots in BW, Pete gave me an HC so I figured something must be ok, I subsequently posted a few more, but you can only post so many BW images of a cat. Wink
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
4 Jan 2011 8:03PM
Graham,

Another way to lose weight is to come for amble across the South Downs week-end after next Wink

Do you still have the B&W card ?

I already knew the reason for the B&W interest but in a way is that a distinct advantage.

Now for a couple of questions

Did you take B&W negatives, do darkroom developing / printing before going digital and did you use the orange, red etc. filters.
Can you replicate the filter effects with the software you are using to process the RAW files ?

Jeff

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.