Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Member of the Week -thatbloke- Jan 1st Week - 3rd Jan- 10th Jan

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111536 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 2:35 PM

It's me Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Jan 2011 - 2:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Jan 2011 - 3:14 PM

It's him! Tongue

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 4:36 PM

OK let me kick start Grin..whats your favorite stress buster ?

CathyI
CathyI e2 Member 9344 forum postsCathyI vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 4:50 PM

Did you make any new year's resolutions, photographically or otherwise?

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 4:51 PM

in the seven years you have been on EPZ, in which field have you progressed the most and which one is still pending to learn about?

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111536 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 4:54 PM

Hi Devlin, I don't really suffer from stress so I don't have a stress buster as such. I do enjoy going for a walk on my own along the seafront or on the South downs (or pretty much anywhere really), just me and my thoughts which I find quite relaxing.

CaptivePhotons
4 Jan 2011 - 4:55 PM

Quote: Did you make any new year's resolutions, photographically or otherwise?

Nothing photographically, but I have put on a stone this year so my intention is to lose that, boring I know.

CaptivePhotons
4 Jan 2011 - 5:02 PM

Quote: in the seven years you have been on EPZ, in which field have you progressed the most and which one is still pending to learn about?

Luis, I'm not really sure I have progressed, I was pants then and I'm pants now Tongue

My biggest downfall is not practising enough. Perhaps I should change my new year resolution to practice more.

I would like to be able to offer more critique in a manner that helps people but this is also something that needs practice and an understanding of what you can do.

CathyI
CathyI e2 Member 9344 forum postsCathyI vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 6:28 PM

Quote: I have put on a stone this year so my intention is to lose that, boring I know

I know the feeling! So - does that mean going to the gym/doing other sport or eating less? Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014785 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 6:44 PM

7 years on the site and only 4 pages of shots to show for it?#

Why so few?

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 7:26 PM

Hi Graham

You have several black & white shots in your pf, including the excellent cat images. Most people wouldn't have considered mono as a choice for these shots, so what made you go for it in this instance, and do you prefer B&W to colour as a general rule?

CaptivePhotons
4 Jan 2011 - 7:34 PM

Quote: does that mean going to the gym/doing other sport or eating less?

A little bit of each Tongue

CaptivePhotons
4 Jan 2011 - 7:45 PM

Quote: 7 years on the site and only 4 pages of shots to show for it?#

Why so few?

I can go out with the best of intentions and take only two or three shots or I can take two hundred or so, but invarably very few of them come out as I envisaged. Therefore I do tend to delete an awful lot of my pictures. I then get disheartened and will not pick up my camera for a couple of weeks. So I am not prolific in the sense that I am constantly taking pictures.

I think the biggest reason though is that I just do not think my pictures are good enough but this comes down to practice and motivation. Both of which I can improve upon, but ultimately I believe that I haven't got 'the eye' like some other people have.

CaptivePhotons
4 Jan 2011 - 7:51 PM

Quote: Hi Graham

You have several black & white shots in your pf, including the excellent cat images. Most people wouldn't have considered mono as a choice for these shots, so what made you go for it in this instance, and do you prefer B&W to colour as a general rule?

Hi Kathy

The BW cat shots were not really an artistic choice in the sense that I thought they would make good subject matter, it is more the fact that my colour vision is quite poor and I find it difficult to replicate what the colours should be in post processing without making a hash of thimgs. However when I posted the first of the moggy shots in BW, Pete gave me an HC so I figured something must be ok, I subsequently posted a few more, but you can only post so many BW images of a cat. Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96287 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2011 - 8:03 PM

Graham,

Another way to lose weight is to come for amble across the South Downs week-end after next Wink

Do you still have the B&W card ?

I already knew the reason for the B&W interest but in a way is that a distinct advantage.

Now for a couple of questions

Did you take B&W negatives, do darkroom developing / printing before going digital and did you use the orange, red etc. filters.
Can you replicate the filter effects with the software you are using to process the RAW files ?

Jeff

Last Modified By JJGEE at 4 Jan 2011 - 8:05 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.