Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

members E-mail adresses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sinargee
    sinargee  11245 forum posts
    22 Aug 2003 - 11:10 PM

Pete
    At one time you had members e-mail adresses in their profiles, but now I can't find them. Have they gone, it was handy if you wanted to contact a member off site. Like details for the forthcoming Northwest meet up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Aug 2003 - 11:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2003 - 11:21 PM

I believe they were removed after some members started getting unwelcome emails. That is why I have been pressing for Private Messaging on the forum.

Lesley Jane
    23 Aug 2003 - 5:57 AM

It would be nice to be able to contact members privately - particularly if someone is offering some advice that is not necessarily relevant to anyone else or perhaps of much interest to the general readers.

Is it particularly hard to set up Carabosse as you are obviously a chap that is familiar with the running of forums :o)

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  112201 forum posts England
    23 Aug 2003 - 8:17 AM

Perhaps it should be an option in your profile to display or hide your e-mail address.

grahammul
    grahammul  10120 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Aug 2003 - 9:03 AM

I use a secondary free E-mail address in my profile. Any problems and I can dump it. I also select it via URL not Outlook Express. The free account I use is from www.mail.com
    Cheers,
    Graham.
    PS no problems so far.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Aug 2003 - 12:35 PM

I think Pete has indicated that Private Messaging is possible but I don't think it's high on the list of priorities. Hopefully he will see this and respond!

The other way is, as Mad-Dogs as indicated, to have an option to display or hide the email address. I am happy to have my email address on the forum. I am involved with several forums and I have a web-based email address which I use only for forum stuff.

Actually I don't use Outlook/Outlook Express for email at all as that is one of the best ways of getting a computer virus!!

I agree with Graham about www.mail.com - but I have also found an excellent web-based mail service at www.myezmail.com (spam/junk mail free!) I don't recommend Hotmail!

naturenut
    naturenut  111801 forum posts England
    23 Aug 2003 - 1:28 PM

If you are happy to display your email address it can be added to your profile, just type it into 'about you'

Englishwarrior
    23 Aug 2003 - 5:23 PM

Good point Meggsy. Smile)

Carabosse
    23 Aug 2003 - 6:03 PM

Rather than having to type your email address (again) in your profile it would be better to have it in the profile anyway with the option to turn it off. That is the norm in many forums.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Aug 2003 - 9:41 PM

We originally had a system where you could add your email address but when it was available it caused problems for some members when some sent hate mail. We decided to remove the email from public view to prevent this. We will be introducing a new secure method at a later stage.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.