Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Memory card access lamp poser

The memory card access lamp on my D800 has taken to flashing off and on when the camera is switched off. When the camera is switched on the flashing stops. The only way to stop the flashing when the camera is off is either remove the memory cards or remove the battery. With the lamp continuously flashing the battery becomes flat in no time at a lll. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and has anyone any ideas on how to fix it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 4 299 4 France
23 Sep 2012 8:18AM
Had it on a d70 way back and the body was replaced by LCE.
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2012 10:00AM
Take the camera back and ask for a new camera, which you are entitled to do.
SSJ e2
2 2
16 Oct 2012 3:23AM
I have stared experiencing the same problem. When I turn off the camera, the memory access lamp starts flashing and drains off the battery quickly. If any body knows any information about it please share.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
16 Oct 2012 11:46AM
It could, conceivably, be a card problem rather than a camera problem

Does it happen if you only have a CF card inserted?

Does it happen if you only have an SD card inserted?

Have you tried different cards?
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
16 Oct 2012 2:49PM
You could try a Hard Reset of the camera at your own risk and see if that cures the problem.

See HERE for more details on how to achieve this.

Ade
Is SSJ camera the d800?, in reply to LeftForum, I tried various CF and SD cards and obtained the same problem. The lights only stopped when either the battery or the are(s) was removed., and like SSJ the battery drained very rapidly when the camera was switched off. I considered a factory reset, but wasn't too sure of the consequences so I backed out. I am now in the process of having the camera replaced by a new one by the retailer, on puertouk's advice.
SSJ e2
2 2
17 Oct 2012 10:51AM
Yes, my camera is D800. I am returnig it to the supplier. I have tried all th epossible options but nothing worked. So finally decided to return it to the supplier.
Sad
I today received my replacement D800, brand new, hope it lasts longer than the previous one. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.