Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Memory card access lamp poser

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Back2Black
    Back2Black Junior Member 4 Wales
    22 Sep 2012 - 6:45 PM

The memory card access lamp on my D800 has taken to flashing off and on when the camera is switched off. When the camera is switched on the flashing stops. The only way to stop the flashing when the camera is off is either remove the memory cards or remove the battery. With the lamp continuously flashing the battery becomes flat in no time at a lll. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and has anyone any ideas on how to fix it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Sep 2012 - 6:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    23 Sep 2012 - 8:18 AM

Had it on a d70 way back and the body was replaced by LCE.

puertouk
    puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2012 - 10:00 AM

Take the camera back and ask for a new camera, which you are entitled to do.

SSJ
    SSJ  1
    16 Oct 2012 - 3:23 AM

I have stared experiencing the same problem. When I turn off the camera, the memory access lamp starts flashing and drains off the battery quickly. If any body knows any information about it please share.

User_Removed
    16 Oct 2012 - 11:46 AM

It could, conceivably, be a card problem rather than a camera problem

Does it happen if you only have a CF card inserted?

Does it happen if you only have an SD card inserted?

Have you tried different cards?

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2012 - 2:49 PM

You could try a Hard Reset of the camera at your own risk and see if that cures the problem.

See HERE for more details on how to achieve this.

Ade

Back2Black
    16 Oct 2012 - 5:41 PM

Is SSJ camera the d800?, in reply to LeftForum, I tried various CF and SD cards and obtained the same problem. The lights only stopped when either the battery or the are(s) was removed., and like SSJ the battery drained very rapidly when the camera was switched off. I considered a factory reset, but wasn't too sure of the consequences so I backed out. I am now in the process of having the camera replaced by a new one by the retailer, on puertouk's advice.

SSJ
    SSJ  1
    17 Oct 2012 - 10:51 AM

Yes, my camera is D800. I am returnig it to the supplier. I have tried all th epossible options but nothing worked. So finally decided to return it to the supplier.
    Sad

Back2Black
    17 Oct 2012 - 6:01 PM

I today received my replacement D800, brand new, hope it lasts longer than the previous one. Thanks for all the help and advice.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.