Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Memory card for Kodak DCS Pro back

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidarcangel

What CF memory cards are compatabile with my Kodak Pro back for the Mamiya RZ67. I started looking into what's out there and got overwhelmed. The sellers weren't very helpful. One tried to sell me a card reader. Even at my level I knew better.

Are there any limitations on memory capacity (2GB, 4 GB, ect)? The manual says type I or II. But that doesn't seem to be much help. The suppliers didn't think it was enough info.
    Thanks
    David

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jul 2010 - 2:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pluffy
    pluffy  7131 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jul 2010 - 9:09 AM

You could try on the Kodak site to see if the manual which you can download is of any help Here

Steve

pluffy
    pluffy  7131 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jul 2010 - 9:13 AM

Sorry didn't fully read your question although the above link takes you to the Kodak site for the Pro back so might still be of use.
    Steve.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jul 2010 - 9:34 AM

CF I or II means just about anything thats called a Comapct Flash Card.

If you can't get a definite answer on the card size from Kodak or the manual ( Though that can be firmware version dependant ), Then check out " Kingstons Site " They list a DSC 720x and 760 models as being capable of using 4 or 8 gig 133X cards.....Grin

thewilliam
    5 Jul 2010 - 5:36 PM

All my CF cards work in my Pro Back Plus, from 8 year old Delkin to present-day SanDisk and Kingston but none of my cards are particularly fast. I imagine your Pro Back will do the same.

davidarcangel

Hi all and thanks for the input. I finally settled on Lexar's Professional 40X 8GB card. The seem to be doing the job.

Note to "The William" : not knowing the read/write speed of your cards, the Lexars read/write speed seems fine for my needs.

Thanks again.

David

thewilliam
    9 Aug 2010 - 12:22 PM

David, I trust you're pleased with the DCS Pro Back.

davidarcangel

Thewilliam, very pleased. Being an old film and chemical guy, I was a little skeptical about digital, however the resolution with the digital back is outstanding. Thanks for all the help.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.