Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Memory card for Kodak DCS Pro back

What CF memory cards are compatabile with my Kodak Pro back for the Mamiya RZ67. I started looking into what's out there and got overwhelmed. The sellers weren't very helpful. One tried to sell me a card reader. Even at my level I knew better.

Are there any limitations on memory capacity (2GB, 4 GB, ect)? The manual says type I or II. But that doesn't seem to be much help. The suppliers didn't think it was enough info.
Thanks
David

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pluffy e2
7 135 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2010 9:09AM
You could try on the Kodak site to see if the manual which you can download is of any help Here

Steve
pluffy e2
7 135 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2010 9:13AM
Sorry didn't fully read your question although the above link takes you to the Kodak site for the Pro back so might still be of use.
Steve.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
5 Jul 2010 9:34AM
CF I or II means just about anything thats called a Comapct Flash Card.

If you can't get a definite answer on the card size from Kodak or the manual ( Though that can be firmware version dependant ), Then check out " Kingstons Site " They list a DSC 720x and 760 models as being capable of using 4 or 8 gig 133X cards.....Grin
thewilliam 6 4.9k
5 Jul 2010 5:36PM
All my CF cards work in my Pro Back Plus, from 8 year old Delkin to present-day SanDisk and Kingston but none of my cards are particularly fast. I imagine your Pro Back will do the same.
Hi all and thanks for the input. I finally settled on Lexar's Professional 40X 8GB card. The seem to be doing the job.

Note to "The William" : not knowing the read/write speed of your cards, the Lexars read/write speed seems fine for my needs.

Thanks again.

David
thewilliam 6 4.9k
9 Aug 2010 12:22PM
David, I trust you're pleased with the DCS Pro Back.
Thewilliam, very pleased. Being an old film and chemical guy, I was a little skeptical about digital, however the resolution with the digital back is outstanding. Thanks for all the help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.