Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Memory card problem

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7121 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 7:48 PM

I was out with my camera the other day took some half decent shots came home put the memory card in the built in card reader on my laptop and was viewing my pictures, when they disapeared. I checked my computer only to find the memory card wasnt there, so i tried a different card and that one was ok. Then i put the card in question in a external card reader what goes in USB and again the computer didnt recognise it was there. Next i put the card into the camera and connected that to the laptop using a wire, and yet again it didnt recognise the card. Its a 16 gig duracell SDHC i bought from 7 day shop about 18 month ago. I tried to format the card in camera and it couldnt do that either, and it was no good trying to format it in laptop because its not there acording to my computer.
    I would really like to retrieve the pictures of the card but im out of ideas. Does anyone else know what i can do with it please

Regards

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Dec 2012 - 7:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

aj14
    aj14  7 United Kingdom
    5 Dec 2012 - 8:21 PM

Well it looks the card has gone faulty to be honest.

Try cleaning the gold contacts of the memory card with a paper clip or something and see if that works in case there is something (moisture, dust) preventing the card to be properly touching the contact points.

Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7121 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 8:49 PM

Tried that but still no good im not bothered about the card but i would really like to recover the pictures, i just wont buy Duracell card again

puertouk
    puertouk  21063 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 10:17 AM

This is why the top brands spend millions on developing these cards. Why run the risk of purchasing cheap alternatives, especially with something as important as this.

User_Removed
    6 Dec 2012 - 11:03 AM

If you replace it with a SanDisk card, you'll get access to a free download of recovery software from SanDisk. Not sure, but that software might work with the cheapo Duracell card.

Mike_Smith
    6 Dec 2012 - 5:55 PM

Just an update 7 dayshop have replied to my e mail offering either a new card or my money back, im not going to be able to recover the pictures on it so ill opt for another memory card but as above probably a sandisk but im pleased with 7day shops reply they have sorted it without messing about

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.