Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 Oct 2011 8:33PM

Quote:He probably feels pretty wretched about the whole thing and you were fortunate enough to have your sisters to help when you were in a similar situation. Give him (and yourself) some positives to work on instead of all these bad feelings. Hope things get better soon for you both. Smile

Thankyou. I am trying, believe me i am. Alot happened over last few months and you just sometimes lose the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure we'll find it again in time Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

17 Oct 2011 11:33AM
Speaking as a man who in the last few years has put my wife through me suffering a year's unemployment, depression and cancer I can completely understand your frustration with him and need to vent. Contrary to other viewpoints I think forums can be exactly the right place to vent as your relationship with us lot is detached and you can therefore write what you really feel without subconsciously wondering whether what you say will hurt someone. Detachment and verbalising your frustration is very healthy.
I hope that you get through this patch and come out the other end intact and with a sense of humour! Hang in there.
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2011 12:16PM
Don't they say that retirement can be the first time a couple really get to know each other. Its worth taking some time along the way to prepare for this and short breaks of unemployment may help you do this.
17 Oct 2011 12:21PM

Quote:Don't they say that retirement can be the first time a couple really get to know each other.

Can be a nasty shock! WinkWinkWink
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2011 12:22PM
Like it or not, redundancy is often more of a blow to a man than a woman. Speaking as a man who has been made redundant on 3 separate occasions and currently in danger of my 4th I know what I'm talking about. Even if the man is not the main wage earner that feeling is still built into our psyche and any noticeable lowering of the standard of living carries a real feeling of guilt.

I know every relationship is different, but if I was your hubby and spotted this thread I would feel deeply hurt. It's one thing sounding off to family or friends, but venting your frustrations in an arena open to millions of people, some of whom may know your husband, doesn't strike me as a very compassionate thing to do.

Ian
23 Oct 2011 10:49AM
I agree with Ian.

Least said, soonest mended.

At least be charitable.
23 Oct 2011 5:15PM
Have put this to bed. Shouldn't have let vent to my feelings on here and i apologise. Hitting the punchbag in future Tongue
ray1 e2
10 541 1 England
23 Oct 2011 5:37PM
Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus - nah its more like Men are Power Rangers and Women are Princesses - simples.
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
23 Oct 2011 7:25PM
Nah, it's more like...
men are men and women are women - simpleser

(and vive la difference) Smile
23 Oct 2011 8:36PM
I do like the wisdom and comments here. They enlighten my life.Wink
23 Oct 2011 8:44PM
And me Grin
Do feel i should get out of the grumpy group. life is too short to be grumpy Tongue
23 Oct 2011 8:55PM
Please do NOT leave the GrumpyGroup, please. We men could not be grumpy without you women. You lot are the cause of all grumpiness, in a pleasant sort of way.Tongue Two weeks ago my beloved was really winding me up in the morning. I snapped, and had the coffee machine jug in my hand with clean water. Only 2 cups of, but I threw it over her. Apologised straight away, but that was not sufficient. Three days later, still not speaking, I said to her, " You want to think yourself lucky. I could not be bloody bothered to walk to the coal house for the axe." She nearly smiled, but stifled it. Hold a grudge - yes women do, but what about the time she hit me on the head with the frying pan 30+ years back ? I forgave her, within a day.GrinWink
23 Oct 2011 9:01PM
How could i leave! You make me chuckle Tongue
Were you really hit with a frying pan?????? Smile
23 Oct 2011 9:26PM
Yes, hit with the frying pan. Until then I was fairly intelligent, but that blow knocked my brain into place. As a result I was barred from Mastermind.Tongue
23 Oct 2011 9:31PM
Only fairly intelligent???? Dare i ask what you did? Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.