Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

menu bar link to a main page photo

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    trevrob
    trevrob e2 Member 1trevrob vcard United Kingdom
    29 Oct 2013 - 11:34 AM

In my menu bar I have I have a link which opens up a page , in my main front page I have a photo which I want to link to the same page, so when I click on the photo it opens up the page
    any help would be much appreciated thanks trevor

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Oct 2013 - 11:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2013 - 11:53 AM

Just looked at your site...it's looking really good. If I understand what you mean correctly you want the photo on the home page to link to another page? You cannot link from the slide show, but you can add a static photo and link from that. Just add a content block in your home page editor, upload a photo to that block, and add the link (internal or external link can be added)

trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi Pete , the two thumbnail photos at the bott of front page one is a bean bag which is linked ,the other one next to it is a waterproof lens cover photo ,this is not linked , I need it to be linked with the menu heading link waterproof lens cover.
    if you go over the 2 photos at bot or click on it you will see one is linked, thanks trev

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:21 PM

Ah right yes. So you have somehow managed to link the first. You need to do the same with the other
    Without seeing the admin side it's hard to say how this is being displayed. First step go to your home page editor and open the block that you created that displays those two photos. See how the bean bag is linked and do the same for the lens cover, adding the correct url

and while you're in admin you could change the words copy write to copyright in the footer so it looks a bit more professional Smile

Last Modified By Pete at 29 Oct 2013 - 12:23 PM
    trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:27 PM

Pete I did not make this original website, so I am not sure what to do ,the bean bag small thumbnail photo is in a block, what I done was I added a 2nd photo in this block , but I do not know how to link it to the page I have on my menu bar which is waterproof lens cover this has a page to it , I want the same when I click on the thumbnail photo waterproof lens cover , thanks Pete, so still not sure how to do it thanks trevor

trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:34 PM

Pete the URL for the bean bag has this text in it " trevorhannant.foliopic.com/page/camera-bean-bag-4356 " but not sure how to do the waterproof lens cover photo in the same block thanks trevor

Pete
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:35 PM

in the block double click on the new photo that doesn't have a link and a pop up will appear
    Set link type to url if it isn't already set as default
    set protocol to http:// if it isn't already set as default
    Pastein the url of the page you want to go to... in this case
    www.trevorhannant.com/page/waterproof-camera---lens-cover-4396

then click ok

and when the pop up window closes click Update and it should then work

Last Modified By Pete at 29 Oct 2013 - 12:36 PM
    trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:48 PM

Pete I have achieved this and thank you very much indeed for telling me this process , one more small item Pete, you noticed about the copyright in the footer how do I edit this thanks trevor

trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:55 PM

Pete I have changed the copyright thank you for all your help trevor

Pete
    29 Oct 2013 - 12:57 PM

that's in admin>settings>website details
    scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a block titled Copyright Message where you can change the incorrect spelling
    Edit Ah right - well found Smile

Last Modified By Pete at 29 Oct 2013 - 12:57 PM
    trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 1:02 PM

Pete once again thank you , I hope my website is looking good now regards Trevor

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43954 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2013 - 1:27 PM

Trev - just popped in to have a look...good looking site. Like it, subtle colours and clean, tidy layout.

Malc

trevrob
    29 Oct 2013 - 1:36 PM

thanks Malc

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.