Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

menu bar link to a main page photo

trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 11:34AM
In my menu bar I have I have a link which opens up a page , in my main front page I have a photo which I want to link to the same page, so when I click on the photo it opens up the page
any help would be much appreciated thanks trevor

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
29 Oct 2013 11:53AM
Just looked at your site...it's looking really good. If I understand what you mean correctly you want the photo on the home page to link to another page? You cannot link from the slide show, but you can add a static photo and link from that. Just add a content block in your home page editor, upload a photo to that block, and add the link (internal or external link can be added)
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 12:02PM
Hi Pete , the two thumbnail photos at the bott of front page one is a bean bag which is linked ,the other one next to it is a waterproof lens cover photo ,this is not linked , I need it to be linked with the menu heading link waterproof lens cover.
if you go over the 2 photos at bot or click on it you will see one is linked, thanks trev
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
29 Oct 2013 12:21PM
Ah right yes. So you have somehow managed to link the first. You need to do the same with the other
Without seeing the admin side it's hard to say how this is being displayed. First step go to your home page editor and open the block that you created that displays those two photos. See how the bean bag is linked and do the same for the lens cover, adding the correct url

and while you're in admin you could change the words copy write to copyright in the footer so it looks a bit more professional Smile
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 12:27PM
Pete I did not make this original website, so I am not sure what to do ,the bean bag small thumbnail photo is in a block, what I done was I added a 2nd photo in this block , but I do not know how to link it to the page I have on my menu bar which is waterproof lens cover this has a page to it , I want the same when I click on the thumbnail photo waterproof lens cover , thanks Pete, so still not sure how to do it thanks trevor
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 12:34PM
Pete the URL for the bean bag has this text in it " trevorhannant.foliopic.com/page/camera-bean-bag-4356 " but not sure how to do the waterproof lens cover photo in the same block thanks trevor
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
29 Oct 2013 12:35PM
in the block double click on the new photo that doesn't have a link and a pop up will appear
Set link type to url if it isn't already set as default
set protocol to http:// if it isn't already set as default
Pastein the url of the page you want to go to... in this case
www.trevorhannant.com/page/waterproof-camera---lens-cover-4396

then click ok

and when the pop up window closes click Update and it should then work
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 12:48PM
Pete I have achieved this and thank you very much indeed for telling me this process , one more small item Pete, you noticed about the copyright in the footer how do I edit this thanks trevor
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 12:55PM
Pete I have changed the copyright thank you for all your help trevor
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
29 Oct 2013 12:57PM
that's in admin>settings>website details
scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a block titled Copyright Message where you can change the incorrect spelling
Edit Ah right - well found Smile
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 1:02PM
Pete once again thank you , I hope my website is looking good now regards Trevor
saltireblue e2
4 4.1k 26 Norway
29 Oct 2013 1:27PM
Trev - just popped in to have a look...good looking site. Like it, subtle colours and clean, tidy layout.

Malc
trevrob e2
1 14 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2013 1:36PM
thanks Malc

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.