Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Merchant Services - Card Readers

scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
2 Feb 2010 7:30PM
In the market for a merchant services card reader system and wondered if anyone would be willing to share what they pay and from whom for comparison purposes??

Already have quotes from the SWPP discount service and awaiting Streamline, but have noted that "setup fees" can be anything from 0 to 200 - any way of reducing this you've found ?? (sorry, I'm a Scotsman...)

Andy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior 6 4.4k 9 Scotland
2 Feb 2010 7:39PM
If you have a business bank account, could your bank not help get you a good deal on a POS terminal?
thewilliam 6 4.8k
2 Feb 2010 7:39PM
Join MPA and get a really good scheme for up to 100k, or FSB if your card-takings are above this.
2 Feb 2010 7:47PM

Quote:Join MPA and get a really good scheme for up to 100k, or FSB if your card-takings are above this.

Can you give me any details on this ??
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Feb 2010 8:34PM
Talk to your Bank Andy.

Plain and simple.
FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
2 Feb 2010 8:37PM
BIPP also have discounted rates. I had no set up fees, reasonable rates, and no charges when I cancelled my contract last month. You have to factor in membership fees of course....
2 Feb 2010 8:39PM
If you have a business account speak to your bank you can also use 123send for a terminal do you want it to be mobile or is it simply for in the office, if just for in the office have a look at paypoint the big yellow sign people and paypal they both do virtual terminals alot cheaper than machine hire. Last qoute i had was 172 + vat for terminal 50 rental and 25p or 4% per trasaction for credit card
thewilliam 6 4.8k
3 Feb 2010 9:45PM
The major professional associations have group schemes that provide card services at a much better rate than you'd get by flying solo. Each scheme is optimised for the "average" member. My MPA sub is more than paid for by the saving. To join MPA, you have to be a full-timer and then you have to pass the LMPA within a year. The mentoring system is so good that you can't fail, provided you bother to make full use of it.

If you're not a full-timer, ask SWPP, or if your card takings are well into 6 figures, you should join Federation of Small Businesses. I'd recommend FSB anyway but the card deal makes it a no-brainer.
4 Feb 2010 4:57PM
Thanks everyone for your input.

Yes, bank already contacted and have details from them and have SWPP deal too but am still trying to get details from MPA, so the search continues...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.