Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"Message From God Found Hidden Inside DNA Sequence"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Kako
Kako  8140 forum posts
8 May 2013 - 2:08 PM

Apparently a team from Harvard is reported to have found the following message hidden in our 'junk' DNA and 'written' in ancient Aramaic. Go-Ogle the headline to find the article concerned.

Actual message is said to read: "Hello my children. This is Yahweh, the one true Lord. You have found creation's secret. Now share it peacefully with the world."

Anyone know anything more about this? Has it been verified independently? Could add a bit of spice to the evolution vs creationist debate.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 May 2013 - 2:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 2:31 PM

I thought DNA was a string of little circles, how can that contain text?

And no matter what anyone says, I have my own ideas about evolution and creation anyway - I don't think it's an "either/or" concept, but am in favour of the "intelligent design" concept, possibly partially carried out with the help of evolution.

No finds in DNA, verified or not, are going to influence that. And it's completely subjective and personal, so discussing it is pointless, really. Smile

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73852 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 2:43 PM

Quote: I thought DNA was a string of little circles

DNA is a double helix configuration (ie two long strands spiralling around each other with connections, looks a bit like a spiral staircase).
As for the message: Sounds like conspiracy theorists again with not a lot to do with their time, except smoking wacky backy drinking copious caffeine, typing from their fleapit at 3am.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72346 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
8 May 2013 - 2:45 PM

Considering that if Harvard did find this information, they would have probably published the findings themselves pretty swiftly in no end of respectable science journals and it would also be all over respectable news sources as well.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022925 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 2:56 PM

Quote: “Clearly this means our God is the one true God and that we should exterminate rival religions,” says Frank Page, leader of the conservative Southern Baptist Convention. “Now that we have truth on our side, I think it’s time we start a new crusade.”

Quality.

mikehit
mikehit  56350 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 3:30 PM

Quote: Considering that if Harvard did find this information, they would have probably published the findings themselves pretty swiftly in no end of respectable science journals and it would also be all over respectable news sources as well.

Apparently we should read Nature next month....can't wait....

Then again, it is not really going to salve anything is it?

Quote: "I think the message clearly indicates that God wants us to co-exist peacefully with our fellow human beings," says Janice Taylor, a bishop in the Anglican Church.

However, other Christian denominations have a different interpretation of the scientists' findings.

"Clearly this means our God is the one true God and that we should exterminate rival religions," says Frank Page, leader of the conservative Southern Baptist Convention. "Now that we have truth on our side, I think it's time we start a new crusade."

Same old, same old

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53591 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 3:32 PM

Well damm, that's proved then - free choice in belief is removed.

Are there no messages in other living things DNA?

Perhaps the end of the world is here tonight?

With DNA changing over time in evolution, could this not indicate something else. Or as the human genome is around 3 billion letters long is this not the infinite monkeys & Shakespeare argument?

mikehit
8 May 2013 - 3:40 PM

Yes....sounds like Shakespeare and monkeys but I guess we need to wait for the evidence to be published.

I remember in the 1970s when a church minister tired to get a Black Sabbath LP banned because when it was played backwards (on vinyl???) you could hear satanic messages. The case collapsed when the defence played backwards several other records that the minister could also hear 'satanic messages'. He was somewhat dumbfounded to hear that they were recordings of well-known hymns.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64405 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 3:41 PM

I must have missed out on that bit of DNA, along with a load of brain cells. Blush
I wonder who got my share.

mikehit
8 May 2013 - 4:06 PM

before everyone gets too carried away, I would do some research on what the Daily Currant actually is..... Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64405 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 4:10 PM

There you go. I told you. Grin

thewilliam
8 May 2013 - 4:52 PM

Quote: “Clearly this means our God is the one true God and that we should exterminate rival religions,” says Frank Page, leader of the conservative Southern Baptist Convention. “Now that we have truth on our side, I think it’s time we start a new crusade.”

With Yahweh's name mentioned, will the Christian fundamentalists reserve the best of their hatred for the Jews?

keith selmes
8 May 2013 - 5:39 PM

Quote: what the Daily Currant actually is

it's fun ...

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/06/blackberry-ceo-says-android-not-a-serious-thr...

The CEO of smartphone pioneer Blackberry said today that rival platform Android is a "temporary fad"
"I just don't know what all the fuss is about," Heins said
"your average Android user is some teenage kid who's hopped up on dope "

keith selmes
8 May 2013 - 5:46 PM

But seriously "Scientists claim aliens put secret genetic code in human DNA"
http://www.blastr.com/2013-4-9/scientists-claim-aliens-put-secret-genetic-code-h...

So SETI are searching DNA for messages from alien species and intelligent design theorists are onto this too,
which leads to intelligent discussion by scientists - it's rubbish - no it isn't - oh yes it is

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/03/15/the-genetic-code-is-not-a-synonym-...

and in future, we don't need to run out of storage for our photos and music, we can just use some spare DNA - music and books on DNA

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324539304578259883507543150.html

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110249 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 5:56 PM

Hmm - since the alphabet of DNA is limited to 4 letters (A C T G) there must be some creative spelling going on

or maybe its just a load of old codswallop! Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.