Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Messenger bags

Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
2 Sep 2011 9:59AM

Quote:looks like nothing of interest from outside.

Hmm. That's alwayus a bit of a concern.
I was on the London Underground last weekend and there was a guy standing next to my wife with a huge Canon Dslr with an equally huge lens swinging from his shoulder. I looked around and a lot of people were loking at it, probably because it was such an obvious target.
I lived in London for years and I've seen a number of purses and handbags removed from their owners on the tube. Sometimes the owners weren't even aware that they'd gone. This camera's owner was, presumably, not a local.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scrcortes e2
4 2 1 Portugal
2 Sep 2011 10:25AM
Hello!
for a bag to carry the camera and lenses I think maybe one whith some extra reinforcement is not such a bad idea for a all terrain purposes.
For almost no money I've made a tripod bag by using the legs of some old jeans. With a sewing machine and a little imagination you can manage to do a good job at a low price.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
2 Sep 2011 1:15PM

Quote:for a bag to carry the camera and lenses I think maybe one whith some extra reinforcement

Ok for all you street shooters out there Smile

Are you planning to be hit by a bus or slip up in dog poo, why do so many of you carry bulky heavy bags or back packs looking like your about to ascent Everest.
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2011 1:39PM
Horses for courses, or the right bag for the right time.
I've never, ok just once, put the camera in a normal unpadded bag.
When i'm actully in shooting mode the safest place for my camera is in my hand - i can use my whole body to protect it Wink
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2011 1:40PM

Quote:a moulded soft inner that can go in a regular bag - any mfg's listening...
Domke - here's an example http://domkebags.co.uk/en/domke-accessories/65-domke-fa-220-2-compartment-insert-750062003463.html - they have several types with velcro attachment so you can mix and match
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2011 1:46PM
Hi Keith, thanks that's fantastic - checking them out now..... A bit expensive but maybe.
Thanks,
Stuart

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.