Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

metadata

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ENGLISHSKIN
    12 Jul 2012 - 3:03 PM

i've been asked to remove the copyright notice on my photos which i sell to a certain high end company. I'm happy to do this as the copyright notice comes up on my Facebook page and i have to edit it out every time. Being slightly computer stupid - i've set the metadata to default in LR4 where it shows no personal info now. This where it was set up. Is that all i need to do to stop it showing up ?

Many thanks. Lee

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jul 2012 - 3:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC
    EddieAC  9673 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2012 - 3:39 PM

The copyright notice you want to get rid of is likely to be found in your camera menu. On my D7000 it is found in the setup menu. This should be similar assuming it is for your D700.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2012 - 3:59 PM

I've just found out that my metadata wasn't being uploaded to epz...looks like it was a `copyright' selection in LR4's `Export dialogue box'...have a look..there are 3/4 options in the dropdown menu. Smile

EddieAC
    EddieAC  9673 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2012 - 4:25 PM

Ah!! Upon re-reading your post it seems that it was not set in-camera in the first place. I should have read the lightroom bit more thoroughly!! TongueGrin

Last Modified By EddieAC at 12 Jul 2012 - 4:27 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96214 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2012 - 4:27 PM

I am not sure that you can exclude copyright information from the selection in LR's export

export.jpg

However perhaps a work round is to delete the information from the metadata.

copywright.jpg

User_Removed
    12 Jul 2012 - 4:34 PM

Sorry. I fail to see why anyone would ask you to remove the copyright details from your metadata. I can't think of any use to which they might want to put your photographs where it would be a problem.

Usually when companies ask for copyright notices to be removed, it is because there is something actually printed in the image - quite common on public sites like Facebook. But having your copyright data in the metadata does not make it appear on a printed image.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.