Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Meteorite

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    RWPhotoGraphix
    21 Sep 2012 - 11:29 PM

Sadly did not get a picture, but did anyone else see that tonight and did u manage to capture it??

And just to confirm I'm not a mentalist - lol

http://www.wrexham.com/news/huge-fireball-meteor-lights-sky-picture-12253.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Sep 2012 - 11:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbs
    hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Sep 2012 - 11:33 PM

Didn't see it myself but Kielder Observatory tweeted about seeing it.

RWPhotoGraphix
    21 Sep 2012 - 11:52 PM

It was amazing to watch, just wish my camera had been at hand! Sad

AlexandraSD
    22 Sep 2012 - 11:45 AM

My mum saw it, she rang me to tell me she saw some weird light in the sky, did i see it? Nope, then twitter went all fireball mental, and i put 2 and 2 together.

How on earth did all those twits on twitter manage to capture it on their mobile? First you gotta unlock the phone, then hit the shortcut to activate the camera, then wait half an eternity for the thing to take an exposure. Astounding really.

There are some great video clips of it online, im quite annoyed i missed it Sad

Last time i saw something so spectacular was NYE, possibly 1998, a meteor burnt up overhead and could be seen as far as denmark, was so bright it turned the night time into day.

Edited to include this link to Sky's website, many suspect that it was actually a bit of space junk, not a meteor, we will never know Wink

Last Modified By AlexandraSD at 22 Sep 2012 - 11:48 AM
    answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012597 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Sep 2012 - 11:46 AM

i saw it on the news, thats about it Sad

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3789 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Sep 2012 - 2:19 PM

I was lucky enough to see one in Warwickshire last Tuesday evening, it was very large and very bright......I was disappointed that no one else seems to have seen it, or at least reported it.

Fascinating things.

Hobbo

RWPhotoGraphix
    22 Sep 2012 - 3:58 PM

Yeah that's why I didnt manage to capture it on my phone Sad not quick enough lol

cdm36
    cdm36 e2 Member 10390 forum postscdm36 vcard England7 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2012 - 8:25 AM

459965-3656672858503-1168420129-o.jpg

Out taking milky way pics on a hill in Ord Friday night when it happened to pass by, 30 sec exposure

AlexandraSD
    23 Sep 2012 - 12:30 PM

Quote: Out taking milky way pics on a hill in Ord Friday night when it happened to pass by, 30 sec exposure

Wow, i bet you laughed until you were insensible when that scene unfolded before you, now thats what i call good timing Smile

kaybee
    kaybee  103794 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2012 - 2:46 PM

He is always insensible

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.