Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Minolta A1 and external flash

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    guidoa
    guidoa  121309 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Jul 2004 - 4:40 PM

Has any one used the program 2500D flash gun with this digi camera and if so with what results. It is quite expensive and i was wondering if there are any cheaper non Minolta flash guns which will work from the hot shoe.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jul 2004 - 4:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

vetcameraman
    2 Jul 2004 - 5:49 PM

All the official info. on the A2 I've read says you can only use the Minolta range of guns as per the manual on the hot-shoe due to its design - I presume the same is true for the A1. I think it was Luminous Landscape's review said it is actually a good design hot shoe. There are other sites where people descibe using other non-dedicated flash guns. The big downside appears to be that you lose all control and TTL flash metering, so it become a game of chance. Others have worried about burning out the electronics - sounds like a question to pose direct to Minolta's support site. Obviously, you could always experiment with the PC terminal and a cheaper flash mounted off-camera which by all accounts gives better results than direct flash anyway (never tried it myself!) Then you could save up for the 5600 (I think) which should give you a much better option, including wireless flash capability. In the meantime, I'll have to stick to fill-in flash and daylight lighting - bit expensive for me too!

guidoa
    2 Jul 2004 - 6:39 PM

Thanks for that info. The 5600 is very expensive and I couldnt justify it, will try an off shoe flash.

lordposh
    lordposh  1045 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Jul 2004 - 10:20 PM

I have been using the sigma DG-500 SUPER flash with my A1, they are expensive to buy new, but a good camera shop may be able to offer you a used one, then they are worth their weight in gold. Saying that I waited about 2 weeks before one came along..
    This does work perfectly from the hot shoe with full fatures.
    Roger

guidoa
    6 Jul 2004 - 9:06 PM

Thanks Roger, I have managed to find a Sigma EF-500 DG, for my A1, the point I dont understand is what is difference between ADI and TTL flash, and which do you use - there doesnt seem to be any difference in the shots I have taken.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.