Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Minolta APS sized digital SLR's?

22 Aug 2003 6:15PM
Does anyone remember those nice little APS film SLR's that Minolta used to make (not sure if they still do).

The question is, if the format size is the same as the APS-C CMOS sensors used in digital SLR's, why haven't Minolta developed a digital one? All the lenses would fit and there would be no multiplication factor.

Perhaps they are doing just that?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tva e2
12 307
22 Aug 2003 7:57PM
Are you living in hope, simon? I'm a minolta man myself, but I think they are being pushed further and further back in the digital stakes. I hope myself that I'm wrong, but they seem to be resigned to the consumer market only in digital. I don't think they can afford to go down the pro route unfortunately. One of these days I'm going to have to bite the bullet and trade all my minolta gear in, if I want a good dig SLR.
Terry
23 Aug 2003 9:22AM
I wish I had a crystal ball sometimes. I'd hate to invest my hard earned cash only to find that something better and cheaper was being planned to be released within a couple of months of a major purchase!
durlstonp e2
11 638 1 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2003 11:35AM
You don't need a crystalball for that! There is always something better and cheaper being planned to be released within a couple of months of a major purchase! It's exactly the same as the PC market; sooner or later you summon up the courage to buy something that you hope won't become obselete too quickly. I am working on a 2 year useful life for my 10D - anything longer will be a bonus.

DP
tva e2
12 307
23 Aug 2003 7:03PM
Yes Simon - dont we all wish for a crystal ball. I could afford anything if I knew which investments to make. I keep hoping that Minolta will bring out a good competitive dig SLR, but am resigned to the fact that I will probably have to trade all my gear in and go down the Canon route. You dont need a crystal ball to tell you that they are the ones who are pushing the boundaries and will be in the forefront.
I hope DP that you are getting good use out of your 10D, it is my preferred camera and seems to have the edge on the new 300D even at the price. I notice you have a bronica, how does it measure up to MF?
Terry

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.