Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Minolta Lens on Sony Camera

StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
13 Sep 2013 10:32PM
Do the Minolta film camera lenses fit Sony DSLRs?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gala 1 710 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 12:08AM
Yes - My Father has my 28-300 on his Sony.
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
14 Sep 2013 12:47AM
Is that a Minolta digital lens?
rogerfry e2
9 509 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 8:12AM
Denny....Sony inherited the A mount when they took over Minolta. Virtually every Minolta AF lens will work with a Sony
Useful link
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
14 Sep 2013 8:30AM
Thanks folks. Thanks for the link Roger.
Steppenwolf 3 971
14 Sep 2013 8:50AM
Sony basically bought the Minolta AF DSLR users. So all the old Minolta AF and Konica-Minolta lenses work on Sony Alpha cameras. Which is more than can be said for some current third party lenses (as that dyxum link points out). So you get access to the only AF mirror lens ever made - the Minolta/Sony 500mm AF. With the in-body IS it also becomes image stabilised - so you've got an AF/IS 500mm lens that's hardly any bigger and no heavier than a kit lens.
kodachrome 3 474
14 Sep 2013 12:33PM
Being able to use the Minolta, Konica-Minolta AF lenses was one of the reasons I chose to go with Sony.
Many can be found on E Bay and other outlets at reasonable prices.

You can find information and test reviews on nearly all Minolta and Konica Minolta plus Sony lenses on the Kurt Munger web site, Michael Hohner web site and user reports on dyxum web site.
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
14 Sep 2013 5:56PM
A friend of mine in the US mentioned in an email a couple days ago that he had a Minolta film slr plus a half dozen top lenses and was wondering if the lenses would work on a digital body. I have passed on all your kind info, and he's delighted. Thanks very much.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.