Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mirrorless camera sales overtake DSLRs - shock, horror! ;-)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315483 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 4:26 PM

Try the Sigma 60mm.

I`ve just added one to my kit, I wanted something a little longer than the 45mm that would give better background separation with outdoor portraits, so far I`m finding it to be a superb addition.

And its tiny, more or less the same length as the 45mm.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Aug 2014 - 4:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111553 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 5:54 PM

Quote: If you don't mind fisheye lenses the Oly 9mm bodycaplens is good fun for 80. And very compact

I got mine for free when I purchased the Oly EM10

It's a fun little lens. These were taken with it. Looks like it shrunk the Gherkin though.

13816470035-3355d826ee-o.jpg

14521509122-7ec2ac6ab5-o.jpg

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 1037 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 - 3:41 AM

I did have a look at those body-cap ones. I'm not sure I'd get the use out of it.

Apart from shooting interiors I already struggle to use wide angle effectively. As soon as I look through the viewfinder it feels like I'm looking the wrong way down some binoculars. All subject matter seems to disappear or become insignificant.

Of course when the pictures are viewed on the big screen it's different. There are some amazing landscape, people and city pictures taken on wide and ultra wide lenses and that's what I struggle to pre-visualise.

I'm not so bad indoors but have been caught out when something has been in shot that shouldn't have and I failed to spot in when shooting. I nearly ordered a 7-14 but I need to sell some Canon stuff first.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315483 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2014 - 10:59 PM

The 9-18mm is another useful zoom, its something I would use a lot if I had one, for me it would be the perfect walk about lens being an 18-36mm equ.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.