Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

MISSING PHOTO COMMENTS

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2007 - 8:16 PM

Just posting this for those who may have missed it earlier.

We have tried to bring missing comments back, but the script to do this without replacing any new comments/creating duplicates or slowing the site down is seemingly impossible as we have over 400,000 pics in the system.

We have a workaround. If you see a photo that has comments missing click the Report Missing Comments link next to your photograph's edit link (right of the title when you open your photo). We will then run an import on the photo and they will return. Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT Just to clarify - any pics with missing comments will currently have no comments at all. There should be no pics on the site with some of the comments missing. (It's all or nothing)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Apr 2007 - 8:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RipleyExile
27 Apr 2007 - 9:14 PM

Did this earlier and it's worked very well and was actioned quickly. Thanks.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2007 - 10:48 PM

No problem...anyone else?

I was expecting a busier weekend activating all those missing comments!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2007 - 10:53 PM

Yes, my missing comments seem to be back after using the link provided on each photo. Thanks. Smile

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8371 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
28 Apr 2007 - 11:15 PM

Mine are all back too - very swiftly after using the link. Thanks Smile

Pete
1 May 2007 - 6:34 PM

bumping this up in recent activity thread.
If anyone still has any unreturned comments on pics please click them and I'll sort it Smile

AngelaD
AngelaD  92861 forum posts Wales
1 May 2007 - 6:43 PM

Seems I have quite a few! You want me to click them all?

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108365 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2007 - 7:33 PM

Just do a few a day Angela.
You'll soon have them all back.
Wink

AngelaD
AngelaD  92861 forum posts Wales
1 May 2007 - 7:43 PM

Not sure how many comments were left on some of the photographs, so have just done the ones completely missing.

Last Modified By Dave at 1 May 2007 - 7:44 PM
PatrickSmith
1 May 2007 - 7:48 PM

I just clicked the button you mentioned on one of my shots. I'll have to see if any other comments are missing. Impressive job on the site so far. I know what this takes.....

Thanks,

Patrick

Nigel_95
Nigel_95 e2 Member 8259 forum postsNigel_95 vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

I reported missing comments yesterday, and they are all back today. Thanks for the prompt action.

Nigel

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108365 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
7 May 2007 - 2:13 PM

Just bumping this one up the Recent Activity Page.

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2007 - 5:47 PM

right that's that done and out of the way now - had to go through all 36 pages of my portfolio but appeared to be only newer photographs in the first 10 -15 pages

thanks for sorting out the comments problem =)

peter "morpyre" turner

Pete
14 May 2007 - 5:54 PM

It was only one short period of time that was lost in the V3-V4 transfer, but as everyone who has reported missing comments will know they come back once reported. Smile

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2007 - 7:41 PM

this has been enjoyable for me too because it got me round to looking through my whole portfolio again after a long time and remembering older image uploads i havn't seen for ages.

peter "morpyre" turner

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.