Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Mobile Phone Service Providers Coverage

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
16 Jul 2010 2:39PM
Right, as I am changing my service provider (O2), I am thinking which one to go for.
So, in general, how do you rate these providers in term of general coverage area?
Is it:
O2 (best) - Vodafone - Orange - T-Mobile (worst)
or
O2 (best) - Vodafone - T-Mobile - Orange (worst)?

In other words, is T-Mobile better than Orange? or Orange better than T-Mobile?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
16 Jul 2010 2:42PM
Best - Vodafone
Worst - T Mobile

but it depends on `coverage'...check here for locations
mobile coverage UK Smile
Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
16 Jul 2010 2:43PM
It all depends where you live Cole I used them all over time and they are all very similar.

Check the coverage where you live.
Toonman 7 1.4k 2 England
16 Jul 2010 2:44PM
Cole I have had a mobile with my job since they were invented. I have been with them all and O2 stands out as by far the best. I travel to the Highlands in Scotland, the Brecon Becons, Lakes etc, and it's the best for me.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
16 Jul 2010 2:45PM
According to the map, they are all more or less the same in my area.

I am just wondering in general term.

I do think O2 is the best. But I am at the moment comparing T mobile and Orange.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2010 2:46PM
Never, ever had a problem with coverage from Orange.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
16 Jul 2010 2:47PM
Adam, if you have been with them all, which do you think is better? Orange or T Mobile?
theorderingone 10 2.4k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2010 2:48PM
T-mobile is OK, so long as you aren't out in the sticks. It can be very difficult to get signal on a train for example.

I have an O2 dongle for backup when I can't get signal with T-Mobile and it isn't much better depending on where I am.
Bucephalas69 6 279 Wales
16 Jul 2010 11:12PM
After many years experience I can vouch for o2.
When 3 used them as a carrier they had the best deals, but for a while now they've been using Orange which is PANTS!!
User_Removed 4 4.6k 1 Scotland
17 Jul 2010 10:47AM
I currently have O2 on my iPhone, purely because they gave me a free year of internet and e-mail on a cheap PAYG tariff (I don't use it enough for calls or texts to justify paying a monthly fee).

Here in Scotland, reception is bit patchy. I don't get any at all in my house (which isn't a problem as I have a real phone and a real computer at home), and I find that in rural areas elsewhere in the country I have similar problems with it. It seems to be OK in the big cities.

On the other hand my wife has Vodafone on her iPhone and gets much better coverage. When we are away caravanning, she seems to get reception on far more sites than I do.

But I suspect that different networks are better in different parts of the country.
dcash29 9 1.9k England
17 Jul 2010 11:16AM
Depends where you live i guess.

Been with O2.... kept losing connection
T mobile im sure use O2 space?

Been with Orange for quite a while with no problems, although i still think Vodafone is the best for coverage

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.