Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mobile phone tracking

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  56535 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 12:26 PM

Quote: The only situation in which it could become an invasion of privacy is if a company insisted it is enabled on a work mobile.

It already happens - just like delivery drivers now often have GPS in the cab and the employer can see exactly where they are and how long they are taking between jobs with consequences if they have low delivery rates.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Oct 2012 - 12:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 12:33 PM

As long as you knew about it before you accepted the phone and the policy regarding it expained to you then there is no privacy issue unfortunately. If however, they have put it on your phone without your knowledge then thats a different matter.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139495 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 12:35 PM

Oh well, I guess you can always switch off the mobile and claim it was a signal black spot if questioned! Lol! Wink

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 12:52 PM

What ever happend to trust? The gathering of information on location and other related matters has got out of hand. My wife has a Sony Experia Arc Andriod phone (as I do) she was having a look at the various programs etc and found that the phone had kept a log of everywhere she had been on a day to London and how long she had stayed in a particular area. Thats good old Google for you. Telling you that they do not keep private info but do it never the less. They have been fined many timesfor it as well.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.